Date night of the cruel and famous pt.3

Grocery shopping was not, to say the least, something the Helgrims were accustomed to.

Lucifer was the rich prince of an empire. Anything he'd ever asked for had been delivered for him. The same went for Angel, who grew up with caretakers and tutors nipping at his heels, abiding his every demand. 

Nya and Will didn't know such luxuries but neither of them ever asked for much, and what they couldn't get themselves the others got for them. 

"How many times have we stepped foot in a grocery store," Nya asked as she hung off the back of the cart next to the ATV's. Their wild shopping trip had come to an end. Will was loading the contents of, not one, but three shopping carts. Lucifer was staring at his phone while Angel fiddled around, weaveing in and out between the ATVs and the carts, looking for sweets. 

Will replied, his arms bulging as he picked up several bags at once. "Well, there was the time when Lucifer stepped in poison ivy-"

"That Angel had planted outside his room at boarding school," Lucifer replied, never looking up from his phone. 

Angel sighed and looped an arm over Lucifer's wide shoulders, bringing his face close to the king's. "I've told you a million times that that prank wasn't for you," he snickered.

"Aw, well now that that's all cleared up."

"And I think the first time was when I was eleven and you where nine Nya," Will continued, "and you had just started experimenting with the lollipops."

"Oh god," Angel remembered, "that poor errand woman would couldn't even read all the chemicals on that sheet you gave her. The staff thought you were trying to make a bomb of something."

"Yeah," Nya said, leaned way back from the shopping cart, but it didn't tip under her weight."I think that was our first time we all went together..."

"Well there was one time before, the first time Lucifer ever tried his contacts-"

"Hey," Lucifer snapped, finally looking up. "We don't talk about that."

"Yeah, and we weren't there yet, remember," Angel replied for both himself and Nya. "That was before the Great Summer of Angel and Nya."

"Is that what we're calling it."

"Oh please, you two were bored out of your minds before Nya and I bounced into your lives."

 Lucifer interjected, "I'm not sure if 'bored' is the right word for it-"

Nya laughed as Lucifer began to explain every way Angel had managed to make their lives a living hell that summer, and Angel explained how Lucifer and Will had foiled all his schemes, and now that he thought about it, he had a lot of schemes he had to make up for-

"Don't even think about it," Will threatened as he stopped loading bags. 

"Consider it forgotten," Angel replied sarcastically. Will gave him a pointed look while Helgrim ignored them and Nya daydreamed. 

Will finished filling one ATV and moved on to the next. Nya and Angel took the opportunity to mess around with the empty carts. Lucifer sent a redeeming message to his crew, after they had blown up his phone with calls and text messages, most of which came from Peirce. 

There was a crashing sound and Lucy finally looked up to see one of their carts overturned, while Angel was carrying Nya over his shoulder. The two covered their moths to hold back laughter, Will groaned and didn't even lookup. 

"I think," Lucifer said slowly, surrounded by his family, basking in the warmth of the people he loved and the last few moments of sunlight, "It's time to go home."