Flashback: I'm going to tell you something sad

Several years since the arrival of Nya Bruce

Angel throws a fit in the car though it is heading towards the well-known mansion of Macy Helgrim. 

Angel is ten years old and boy is he angry. He's been angry for fifteen days now as he is finally brought back to his proper home, back to his proper family who he has missed dearly. 

Two weeks ago his parents arrived out of the blue and dragged Angel away without hesitation, without asking. Since then, he's been subjected to the world of the feverishly, filthy rich and he's had enough of it. His parents are nice enough but they hurt him still, not allowing him to dress as he liked, to act as he liked to act. These last two weeks have been like a prison. 

Angel. You are not allowed to speak, not allowed to think, not allowed to breath- 

You are a little boy and little boys don't act like this. 

Angel is so sick of being told he's a boy. He knows, but still, there is this dreadfully sick feeling that rises inside him whenever he's told how to act, whenever he's reprimanded for his... femininity. 

Angel wishes he were Nya sometimes... and sometimes he wishes he were Will or Lucifer, but he never wishes to be Angel...

Never mind that, he's finally coming home and his return couldn't have come soon enough. Angel won't tell the others, for they will just worry and complain, but he's hardly slept these fifteen days. He hardly ate and what he did eat would end up in the toilet most nights. Two weeks and Angel has already lost weight but hopeful his friends won't notice. 

He hopes they won't notice because they will nag and fight and be... mad. He wants things to go back to normal. He needs them to go back to-

The car starts to break and Angel is already leaping from the back seat before the wheels have properly stopped. Never mind his luggage or his gifts, Angel sprints to the front door and throws himself inside the great and creaking mansion that he calls home. 

Where are you,  he thinks when no one is there to greet him. No maids, no staff, no Helgrims. The front foyer is empty except for a heavy hearted Angel. Why didn't you come to see me?

Angle runs about the house, headed through the maze that he's grown up in these last three years, and sees a familiar door at the end of a great hall. Angel sprints to Lucifer's room and throws the door open to...

To find chaos. 

The room they've shared these last few years is in utter disarray. The furniture is destroyed, the books and papers and clothes are scattered about the floor along with glass and debris and...everything that they once shared in this room. Everything is utterly destroyed, like a scene from a nightmare. 

No one is here. 

"What..." Angel mumbles under his breath, beginning to breath harder and harder. He tries to hold back the tears that have suddenly stung his eyes, but he can't, as he witnesses their sanctuary having been torn to pieces. What the hell happened? Where is everyone?

"Ah your back Mr.Viceman," a staff member says from behind the young boy. Angel turns and watches a maid approach him slowly. She's not at all stunned by the state of Lucifer's room.

"Where are they?" Angel asks as he turns away from the destruction. He doesn't care about the stuff, he just wants his family back, he just wants to know what happened. 

The woman towers over him as she steps impossibly close. "Your friends?" She ponders softly, "I think they may be in the library, though I last saw them in the back yard- Mr.Viceman!"