A poor Liar (little steamy)

Once inside the house Will lost it... just a little. 

The kitchen knife, magically, was embedded deeply into the doorframe leading into the kitchen, though no one saw how Will had launched the knife from his hand with deadly accuracy till it was buried nearly halfway down the blade. 

Will needed something to do, but he certainly didn't want to cook. He walked right through the living/dining room and down the long spiral staircase into the lower level of the house where the gym was located. 

A hanging punching bag was his victim of choice, and while he wasn't mad at Lucifer for what had been said or Nya for ignoring him, he was still entirely pissed. He was mad at himself. For leaving them, for staying here while Nya or Lucifer or Angel went to work- he felt so useless.  Just some dumb soldier who was never supposed to come home. Dammit. 

Fuck-

"You gonna break your hand like that?" A slurred voice came from the doorway minutes later. Will turned and found Angel leaning on the glass door of the gym. The model had managed to find another bottle of liquor and was gripping it loosely between his ringed fingers. "I'm gonna admit- blood" Angel stuttered through his words, "is a little bit of a turn on-"

"Do not," Will huffed, "finish that sentence. You're drunk."

"And you're a little bitchy piss boy, we're all fucked," he took another swig. The bottle missed his mouth and managed to smear more red lipstick across his beautiful face. "Aint no cure for stupid." He sipped and leaned further on the door frame, nearly falling.

Will took a deep breath, calming his frustration and pain. It was time to be brave and mature and-

"Oh my god," Angel suddenly said, "we have a fucking pool!" He launched himself out of the room, wine bottle still in hand. 

"Angel NO!" Will rushed after him, his angry suddenly forgotten. He ran through the glass hallways and out the back door but was too late. Angel launched himself over the pool's edge, bottle ringing, and screamed gleefully into the night. Any worries that Will had been struggling with dissolved like cigar smoke as he witnessed Angel's drunken stupidity. Angel had a knack for shit like this. Distractions. 

Will didn't hesitate to leap in after the silver top and landed in the warm pool fully clothed. He also didn't hesitate to swim down and under Angel as he pulled them towards the shallow end of the pool. At four feet he pulled Angel and himself up and pressed the smaller man against his chest, huffing and spitting haggardly on pool water. 

"That wasn't dramatic at all," Angel snicked sarcastically. His silver hair was plastered down and turned a dark shade of grey. It wasn't the only thing that had been dulled from him, his silver eyes had lost that usual spark due to the alcohol. 

"Dramatic!" Will growled back. He pushed them to the edge of the pool and pulled Angel out of the water by his armpits, plopping him on the poolside. He yanked the wine bottle away with a bit of sloppy force and threw it across the back lawn, listening as it landed with a muted thud. 

"Hey!"

Will interrupted, forcing his way between Angel's knees so they were face to face, "Dramatic! You're completely wasted at seven-thirty in the evening, and threw yourself in the deep end of the pool, fully clothed, with-"

"Alright," Angel hissed back, his hands lose and sloppy as they wrapped up around Will's neck. "We get it! I suck- but don't pretend that you're not just as pissed that Nya's leaving so soon after she just got all fucked up. Her bruises have hardly healed-"

"I know," Will spoke softly but it made Angel stop, calming them both down a bit. "I know Angel." 

They stayed like that for a moment. With Angel sitting on the pool lip, Will between his legs, the soldier's head hanging heavily as he imagined all the things that had gone wrong tonight. Not just Nya, but Lucifer's harsh comment and Angel's childish outburst. They each had such a wonderful way of ruining things.