Don't you ever lie to me

"We once stole a leopard from a zoo."

"I've put a tracker somewhere in your body."

"He still can't ride horseback."

"I once bumped into her and had a threesome with her date."

Their game of two truths and lie is entertaining as hell. It's also growing impossibly competitive, and irritating since Angel likes to guess too fast and ruin it for everyone... okay, it's not just Angel. Nya is a know it all, Lucy is overly confident. They make their guesses left and right, and surprisingly, they're wrong most of the time. 

They're all even now. Each person has collected one favor from the other's and the game slowly gets more intense as the night, or morning now, trails on. 

"I once set fire to Rome."

"She got us banned from every Olive Garden."

"I've been shot three times. "

"Orange really isn't your color."

"The bullet is still in my body."

"I hate that way you styled your hair in the ninth grade."

And then, as they get more and more tired, as the night condenses and settles around them while they tangle and intertwine, things get more serious. Things get...  heavier...

"I tried to kill my father."

"I never told you about the cigarette burns."

"I puked for three weeks."

"I never saw her again."

"I... forgot."

Will sits on the edge of the bed, his bad leg propped up while his other swings over the side of their mattress. He is painfully aware that there's a gun under him. Painfully aware of the distance between him and the door. Him and the wall and the windows, and the bodies around him. 

"I once walked eight miles with broken toes," Will says into darkness, unsure of the others are still awake though they are. "I was once sent on a mission to Nepal and I didn't think I would make it back. I think that I might be dead right now if we hadn't all met."

The others are very quiet. Angel curls with his bare back along Will's side. Lucifer lies with his arms behind his head, his eyes boring into the ceiling. Nya lies atop him, her entire body on his chest and between his legs as she traces his tattoos by memory. 

"You know you would be dead if you hadn't met us," Lucifer states, calling out the lie of sorts. There was no question about it. No 'might', as it were. 

They don't question each other. They just bare a bit of their souls and push on with the game. The game that isn't a game anymore. 

"I had an anxiety attack on Christmas two years ago," Angel started blandly, not really batting an eye as he presses his face into the sheets. "I was once drugged at a party in the Seatle. I always wanted to get a tattoo." 

Nya turns her head towards him in the dark, her chin on Lucy's stomach. "You've never wanted a tattoo." 

Angel snickers lowly, "I was never permitted." He reminds them about the strictness of his parents. About the way they manipulated him from day one. 

They get the feeling that Angel's playing two truths and a truth. 

They push on. 

"I can't feel my hands at all sometimes," Lucifer states. "I don't think I'm going to live very long. I think I'm going to die of old age."