When the Lions Roar

"I'm going to burn this," Will grumbles as he narrowly avoids looking down at his cast. 

"That sounds horrendous," Angel replies sarcastically as they wait in the guest bedroom downstairs. A doctor is coming to finally cut Will's cast off and it's been all they can talk about today. Will hasn't been so jumpy in weeks but at last, he'll be free from his motionless hell. The soldier hasn't sat still all morning. 

"They said you still have to take it easy," Nya mutters mostly to herself as she paces the length of the room. She's been in an odd mood, pacing all day, not really telling them what's on her mind though she still responds when they talk to her. 

Will grumbles and fidgets on the bed, "I will be careful," he consoles. "Not my first broken leg."

"Well you're not fourteen anymore," Angel replies as he props his feet up and leans back in the chair beside Will. He's in short summer overalls with a light crop top underneath. Pale pearly skin eliminates from between the fabrics of his clothes, exposing a flat stomach. "Don't just jog it off soldier boy."

And the morning goes like this. Will demands they treat him like a normal person while Nya and Angel fluster over him finally being able to move again. Lucifers been in meetings with his crew all day, but their world remains peaceful in the calm Saturday morning light. 

"Nya," Angel snips at some point, "would you fucking sit still, you're drilling a hole in the floor."

"Why are you pacing?" Will adds. 

The resident consultant does not slow in her steady pace across the room. "I'm meeting with Rain today. She's being relocated."

The others go very still. Then Angel snorts, "Good riddance."

Rain Westwood has been kept in isolation for weeks now. They've tried to get all they could from her but it seems the assassin doesn't spill information very easily. Even with Nya mixing and altering new drugs for interrogation, the Westwood is excellent at diverging attention, at hiding the truth in with her lies. It's been a hectic couple of weeks, so finally, they decided shes to be moved from the mansion this morning. 

Nya has one last chance to talk to her... then she hopes to never see a Westwood again. 

The image of a dead body flashes before Nya's eyes but she does not falter. The death of Blair Westwood will forever be a stain on Nya's ledger but there was no way around that. There was no other way to save Will, to save all of them. 

What was one more death at the hands of Ms.Bruce?

Nya swallows the throbbing lump in her throat. "They'll move Rain this evening. We'll never have to speak of it again." 

The others pause and watch Nya move. She is back to usual, all blacks and blues and combat boots. She was never really one for dressing up.

"And what about," Angel pauses, trying to think of the name," the Kimo girl? The one you brought back from Singapore." He turns to Will. 

"She and Rain have been under similar treatment." Will pushes his shoulders into the headboard, straightening his back as he speaks plainly. "Lucifer hasn't decided what to do with her. She knows little to no information about her employer, other the recent events of Typhon's son being assassinated." Will swallows. "That assassination is the only link we have between Typhon and the Westwoods, so Lucifer sent some people out to investigate it. It was months ago, I wouldn't get my hopes up of them finding anything important. The most immediate threat is Bermuda, Collison's gang, but they've been strangely silent for a while now."

"I think Lucifer should look further into Typhon's sons," Nya declares nonchalantly, kinda overstepping the whole Collison deal since that's just another jar of worms waiting to bite them in the ass. Nya looks at nothing particular. She pushes her hands in her pockets and turns about the room. "If Typhon indeed demands competition among his offspring then why get so worked up over one of them dying? He's even killed one of his own, it seems odd that he'd suddenly get protective over them."