Oh, these wicked games we play.

The Spring Lantern Celebration is in two days. Lucifer and Will leave tonight. 

"I am coming with you," Peirce announces as she enters Helgrim's office. Lucifer sits back in his office chair, Will standing behind him, while Henry in lounging in a seat along the wall. They've been discussing the trip for hours, waiting as the hills slowly change colors, an airplane awaiting them patiently at the closest runway. 

"I need you here Peirce," Lucifer says without hesitation. "We can't take everyone, as a precaution."

"There is no precaution," Peirce replies knowingly, her back stiff, shoulders straight. "You are going on this trip and you're sure as hell making it back. There is no plan B," she demands stubbornly. 

If something were to happen Lucifer, Helgrim Enterprise would fall to Henry and Peirce's shoulders. Peirce wasn't ready to even entertain that idea. It was now everyone's mission to keep Lucifer alive at all costs... considering the circumstances. 

"You said it yourself," she fires back before the devil can demand she stay, "we need to show our strongest front. This is our chance to show Typhon just what he's playing with." She stands tall, smelling of cigarettes and gun powder, but her voice rings with pride. A loyal soldier, at the ready for a cause she's willing to die for, willing to do whatever it takes. 

Lucifer ponders the plan for a moment and gives a single nod of his head which seems to lift the boulder of anticipation off everyone's back. He was secretly hoping she would come, now that their disagreement from this morning is put past them, now that everyone is on the same page of just what exactly they are up against. 

"So be it. We leave now, lieutenants." The room nods in agreement and bursts into motion. 

This is it.

Lucifer and Will don't see their partners before they leave. Unaware of the fight between Angel and Nya, they receive a lying text from Angel describing how he and Nya left for fresh air. 

Nya sent a text this morning also, one that simply reads, I love you. Stay safe, and that puts the boys at ease a little too quickly. They do not question their partners, they do not see the signs, but Lucy and Will still wish they could have said goodbye. It's like someone pricked them with a thorn then ripped it out, leaving them stinging and torn and unsatisfied. But to an extent its a relief, they don't have to go to the trouble of convincing Nya and Angel to stay. They don't have to say the word, "goodbye" because somehow that feels worse than the actual leaving part. 

Under the assumption that their lovers are safe, Lucifer has his entire crew prepared and ready for take-off. He's taking everyone except Kayla and Alice. Kayla, because she lashed out of place and should learn a lesson, and Alice, because she is the designated survivor. She's the youngest, the newest to the team, and the others don't have time to drag her along as they enter enemy territory. Besides, she seems like the only person to have warmed up to Lucifer's house guests. 

His crew still don't understand what Nya nad Will and Angel mean to their leader. They don't know that these four are together- together, that their bond is stronger than stone and steel. They'll learn soon enough. 

Just after the sun goes down Helgrim and company leave on a massive jet headed for Singapore. The flight is long but the time is dedicated purely for preparation. Plan after plan is set in order, hours of reasearch are conducted on several devices at once, there are always at least two people on a phone, always five pairs of hands typing on a laptop. 

Will stays by the devil's side throughout, stuck like glue in a way that Peirce and Henry were never allowed. Will's training sets in, his mission is to protect Lucifer only, so as hours pass he rarely speaks, rarely moves as his eyes take in every little detail of Lucifer's crew.