Two

Maddie's POV

"Where did Gramps have to go again?" I question Grams, who has been suspiciously quite today.

"An errand. He'll be home in time for Sam's game, don't be worried about that."

"What errand?" I push, feeling something is being withheld from me.

"How should I know? He tells me about twelve errands he wants to run a day. I'm sure it's one of them. You sure are pushy today, Madison. Why don't you make sure you're ready to go to the game and when Gramps gets back you can ask him."

I'm slightly taken aback by the tone in Grams voice, sure now that something is being kept from me. But I do as told, cooing at Duke to follow me down the hall to find my light jacket and shoes.

I stay seated on the bed after tying my Van's, knowing I will pester Grams if I goes back out to the kitchen. Smiling as I pick up my phone, the lock screen a photo of Calum and I in Italy last year while the band had been touring. I'd been able to join him and travel through Italy finally, like he'd promised at our first Christmas. It wasn't a vacation, but he made sure to take me out for fancy pasta on a day off, and show me around the bit of Italy he knew from touring there before and traveling with his family when he was young. The thought he put into making that part of the tour special for me helped to continue solidifying my trust in him and reminded me he really was one of a kind. I definitely fell more in love with him in Italy.

As if my reminiscing could reach through time and space, Calum's contact appeared on the screen only seconds later. "Hey, handsome." I grin as those dark curls appear on the screen.

"Hi, baby, I miss you." His deep voice never failing to push the relax button on my body.

"I miss you so much, Cal, it's been a very long couple of months." I sigh, sliding back on the bed to lean against the wall.

"I had to miss your birthday, and haven't got to see you since the start of June. It's been torture." Calum agrees, as the background shifts behind him.

"What are you up to, Cal?"

"We just got to where we are staying. But I wanted to call you already, so I did." He shrugs, the camera focusing closer to his face now, letting me study his beautiful features.

"You haven't shaved in a couple days. That's not like you." I comment, noticing the stubble around his mouth and cheeks.

"We've been traveling a lot. Mali said to tell you hi, and she is disowning you if you can't come to London next time the band goes."

"Did you tell her I might be visiting without you in a couple months?" I laugh, hearing the garage door open, Gramps voice floating through the house.

"I didn't." Cal chuckles sort of quietly, making me frown. I glance over at Duke as he perks up, his tail wagging as he stares down the door. "Duke is broken." I laugh recognizing his reaction, "He's acting like he does when you come home. But it's just my grandpa."

"Is it?"

Calum's POV

Mads startles slightly before gasping, dropping her phone as her eyes snap up, meeting mine as a grin splits her face.

"Calum!" She squeals, launching herself off the bed and into my arms. I catch her easily, savoring the feeling of holding the person I love more than anything else, our shared dog barking at our ankles.

"Surprise, baby!" I chuckle, tightening my hold around her for a second before setting her back on the floor, reaching to cup her cheeks softly, pressing a long overdue kiss to her lips.