Twenty-Nine

In the mood to further fuck with some of ya'lls emotions. Here's a double Update! 😂

⚠️TW//medium ⚠️

Maddie's POV

"Madison?" A tall doctor with dark skin and dark eyes asks, finally greeting me in the hallway where the nurse told me to wait. 27 minutes ago...

"Do you have an update on Calum?" I ask quickly, not caring if I sound desperate or panicked.

"Please, take a deep breath for me, Madison. My name is doctor Tams, I am the chief surgeon here at AMC and I have spent the last seven hours in with my best surgeons working on Calum. His injuries are pretty severe, but I believe with proper care he will make a full recovery."

I can't help it, a large sob of relief falling from my lips at his words.

"I'm so glad to see you are relieved by that knowledge. He did have multiple very extensive surgeries today, and he may need another in a couple days. We had to remove a section of his liver due to lacerations, and we had to use three bags of blood to restock what he lost with his internal abdominal injuries. He has five broken ribs, and a collapse lung. He was lucky it wasn't puctured by one of his rib fractures if I'm honest. His right femer is also fractured, an extremely painful brake, also his right wrist. Though we have been unable to test him for it, the CT scan seemed to indicate he has both a concussion and whiplash from the impact, and his face and head are quite sliced up from the blowback of the windshield and passenger window. I didn't get a final stitch count but it is high. I know that is a lot of scary sounding information, but he should make a full recovery. We will keep him in the ICU for at least 24 hours observation, after which we will assess and do more scans to check he is healing properly. All the bleeding in his abdomen has been stopped and he should sleep for a while while his body recovers, and then wake naturally when the swelling in his head has gone down."

"When, when can I see him?" I ask, my stomach churning from all the large and painful words he just spoke.

"They were finished up closing his leg operation when I left them. It was the last of his operations, I'd guess another hour, maybe an hour and a half until he's settled in his room. I can show you where that is, in the ICU, if you would like. Only his emergancy contact, meaning you, and immediate family will be able to visit him in the ICU, all others will have to wait until we can downgrade him to a suite in our VIP ward."

"I'd like to wait in his room." I nod, letting him guide me through the halls of the hospital.

"As soon as his vitals are set in post op they will bring him here. If you have his parents contact information, it may be advised that you call them before they find out from another source."

"Thank you, doctor Tams." I nod, sitting on the very uncomfortable vinyl couch in the empty room.

"I'll be by again to check on him as soon as I hear word he is here. If you have any concerns please just tap the blue button on the remote."

"Thanks." I nod again, watching him leave the glass walled room before digging for my phones.

"Madison, I was just about to call you." Howard answers on the second ring.

"Calum is coming out of surgery soon. I'm waiting in his ICU room for him. He's in bad shape but his doctor seems to think with time he can make a full recovery. My grandpa was banged up a bit but conscious and seemed alright when I was with him. The rest of the band is probably in Gramps room. For now I'm the only one allowed in the ICU. I need you to turn my old number back on as soon as possible. I need to be able to keep in contact his family and everyone."