Nine

Calum's POV

"Mads? Mads? Why are you throwing up? Are you sick, baby?" I ask, quickly combing her long hair back and holding it out of the way as she heaves over the toilet bowl.

"Not really." Maddie sighs after a minute, wiping her mouth with toilet paper.

"Not really? What does that mean?" I frown, my mind beginning to wander to what that could possibly mean.

"I'm not sick from like a virus or something, Calum," she sighs, taking a deep breath. Her voice shakes as she starts talking again, "I'm sick because I am so fucking anxious about the court hearing thing today. And I don't know how to handle it. And my body is trying to rid itself of all the anxiety and that leads to me throwing up everything."

"Oh." I sighs, somewhat relieved.

"What was that?" Maddie half chuckles.

"You said not sick from a virus and my mind jumped to pregnancy. Not that I wouldn't be happy about that. But while we are dealing with Chris is definitely not the right time to also be having a baby." I chuckle nervously.

"No baby yet. Definitely not until we are done dealing with Chris. I am not bringing a baby into this world knowing he would try to use them as a way to hurt me given the chance." She rolls until she can lay down, her head in my lap.

"Are you done throwing up now?" I question quietly, running my fingers through her hair softly.

"I think so. Sorry to freak you out."

"Come on then, we are cuddling today and doing something that will get your mind off the first court appearance." I scoop her into my arms, leaning over to close and flush the toilet before setting her on it. "But first, brush your teeth."

"Ya, that's probably a good idea." Maddie laughs, accepting the toothbrush I hand her. I pull her hair brush out of the drawer along with a tie as she brushes, stepping behind her and brushing through her hair before braiding it back for her.

"Thanks." Maddie sighs after spitting the paste from her mouth and rinsing.

"Anything for you, Mads." I smile, pulling her from the bathroom and into the bedroom.

Cuddling into my chest seems to help relax Maddie some. Her small smile growing as I tuck her big blanket around us. Her mind seeming to be caught up on something as she runs the fabric through her fingers. "You know it was two years ago this weekend that you got me this. That my scar tried to kill me again. That I finally opened up to you about everything I've lived through."

"Two whole years? I can't believe you've stuck my me for that long, Mads. I love you more now than I ever could have imagined then."

"I didn't think I was capable of love then. But look how wrong I was, here I lay, completely in love with you and that love grows daily. Thank you."

"Three years since we were broken, two years since we helped each other heal, one year of normal life, and now shit show with Chris. But I've got you, through anything life throws at us." I brush a loose hair out of Maddie's face before kissing her gently and deeply.

"hmmm," Maddie hums into the kiss, wrapping her hand to slide through the hair on the back of my head somewhat surprising me.

Taking the noise as an okay I tug her bottom lip out with my teeth, deepening the kiss. Maddie automatically opening her mouth to let me heat things up even more. My tongue slipping between her lips to meet hers as I rotate her to laying across the bed, myself propped on top of her.

Maddie's POV

His left hand finds the hem of my shirt, sliding below it to grip at my bare waist, the other holding my cheek softly as the kiss heats up. My hands carding through the mess of curls on Calum's head, mouths working in sync as small moans fill the air.