Thirty

Maddie's POV

5sos

Liked by LukeHemmings, madison

Liked by LukeHemmings, madison.tay, and 502,531 others.
5sos: We are saddened to announce the discontinuation of the North American leg of the tour, effective immediately. Our management team is working with venues and point of sale options for full refunds to everyone who planned to attend the canceled shows.

Our dear friend, bandmate, and brother @calumhood was involved in a severe car wreck this morning, and is currently resting in the ICU after a grueling emergency surgery. He is stable, and healing, but his injuries are extensive and his rehabilitation will take time.

We appreciate all thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery, and space as we process and deal with this as a band and family.
To the fans, our deepest apologies, finishing the tour without Cal is just not an option. We hope to make it up to you as soon as possible.
All our love, Ashton, Michael, and Luke.

Comments disabled.

"They posted it last night. They can't wait for you to move down or maybe up? To the VIP ward, so they can come see you." I move my phone back from in front of Calum's face.

"I wish you could give me any sign that you can hear me, Cal, I just want to know you know I'm here." I sigh, sitting back in the plastic chair again. Scrolling through the thousands of well wishing tweets with his name attached. Fans already posting art work, musical covers, poems, prayers, and any other form of support they are creative enough to envision. Mixed in with the outpouring of love are news and gossip articles talking about the little information they have got. Meaning the band accounts post and the statements the lawyers released early this morning. It wasn't much more than a quick overview of a statement. Chris was caught, he will remain in hospital until deemed fit to leave where in he will be returned to the Washington State Prison for the remainder of his life. And he will face multiple new charges.

The victims of the wreck, Gramps and Calum, recovery updates were even more vague just stating simple facts. The elderly driver suffered bruising and scrapes, along with a broken elbow and was released from hospital late last night. The young adult passenger suffered far more serious injuries, and currently is in critical but stable conditions in the ICU.

Gramps left the hospital last night after passing his 'exit exam' as he called it. Sam took him and Grams back to the hotel where Angie is flying in to meeting them today. She will take Grams and Gramps back to her home in Idaho, and have them stay there until Gramps injuries heal up, and they can formulate a plan for their next stage in life.

Sam will be staying in Texas to continue his training with Baylor, and only return to Spokane at the end of May to walk at graduation.

Calum's information was vague at best, but that is how the band and I wanted it. Without Calum awake to give his own updates we didn't want to over share, knowing Calum is a very private guy. Some color had returned to his face over night, and I'm hoping that is a good sign. All his charts read the same over night, no spikes or drops that set off any alarms, though I will be glad when he is in a private suite where the other patients alarms don't wake me every time I manage to drift to sleep.