Sixteen

Maddie's POV

"Wow, wow, wow. Who is this beauty in my bathroom?" Calum grins, exaggerating his thorough examination of my outfit as I finish curling my hair.

"Shut up." I giggle, the light blush covering my cheeks matching the pale pink dress I have on.

"You look happy, Mads, I like that." Calum sighs, continuing to watch me as I get ready.

"Today is all about Arabella, and I refuse to let her come into this world only knowing aunty Maddie as a sad anxious pile of mess." I sigh, collecting my things from the vanity to put away.

"They picked a name?" Calum's eyes light up.

"Ya, did you miss that? They told all of us last week at that dinner Luke and Sierra hosted."

"I must have. Arabella is cute though, and I can definitely see the Clifford's loving the name and using it."

"I think that's why they did." I laugh, spritzing some perfume on before stepping around Calum back into the bedroom to find my shoes.

"Okay, sassy." Calum laughs.

"What are you doing today while I'm with the girls?"

"Ash is coming over. Who knows what we will do, but something fun, or stupid, or both."

"I know you and Ash, it's going to be both." I laugh,  fastening the buckle on my heels as my phone vibrates twice.

"Girls are here for me. Have fun with Ash and don't kill yourselves. I'll see you in a few hours." I smile, grabbing my purse, tossing the phone into it before grabbing the gift off the bed.

"I love you, Mads. Have fun." Calum catches my waist, pulling me into a kiss.

"I love you too, Cal. I'll be home later." I smile, pecking his lips again before disappearing from the room.

"Maddie!" KayKay yells as I slide into the backseat of Sierra's car.

"Hey ladies, how's it going?"

"Good, you look a thousand times better than you have in weeks. I'm glad something is helping." Sierra looks to be glowing, her grin stretched wide.

"I've been doing better. Settling into the idea of the court case finally. I think it helps that Sammy only has a couple more football games and then they'll all be in LA with us. Plus did you guys hear? Someone else is bringing a case against Chris at the next court date along side the state and us."

"WHAT!? WHO!?" KayKay whips around to stare at me wide eyed.

"We don't know. They are keeping their case very quiet. We don't know who they are or what they have on him and against him. I'm just praying between our case and theirs we can keep him locked away."

"That's huge, Mads. Like super huge." Sierra grins, glancing back at me as we sit at a stoplight.

"I know. I can't wait to thank them as soon as I meet them." I sigh, "Now enough about me, why the hell do you look so good, Si? You're literally glowing up there in the front seat, I can almost see a halo."

"What?" Sierra asks, her voice slightly higher pitch than normal, her eyes focusing intently on the road in front of her.

"Okay, I thought I was just crazy. But if Maddie sees it too... why are you glowing, Si? Tell us!!" KayKay begs, bouncing in her seat slightly.

"Oh my god, I'm not glowing! I can't be glowing." She laughs nervously.

"Sierra Phuong-Thao Deaton Hemmings?" I gasp.