Twelve

⚠️TW// high! ⚠️

Maddie's POV

"No!" I yell, seeing the deeply evil eyes I fears more than anything in the world. The same smirk on his face as he always gave before he hurt someone. Those yellow rotting teeth snearing at me as he scratches his patchy unkempt beard.

"No? You think I'm going to listen to you, pathetic girl? You think I care? Well I do." His gruff yet slightly high voice sending chills down my spine. "I care to see you hurt, I want you to understand how much you took from me the night I was arrested. So I'm going to show you."

"Don't hurt him!" I yell as Chris yanks Calum by the hair, making him stand right in front of himself.

"You're the pathetic freak Madison needs? You are the one who makes her world turn?"

"Don't fucking touch her." Calum spits, no fear in his voice.

"No! Hurt me, not him. Please!" I yell, but I'm unable to move, unable to get to Calum before Chris raises a hand a slaps Calum across the face.

The first sting echoing through the room and through my own cheek as well. Shock reverberating through my body the same way it did when I was six and hit for the first time.

I stumble back as a second blow hits Calum, the same way it connected with my stomach when he punched me there a couple days after the first slap.

I gasp at the pain of his chewed and dirty nails digging into my forearm as he grabs Calum's. Eyes locked on the pain I can see in the face of the love of my life. Each of the injuries and pains Chris ever inflicted on me now being inflicted on him. Each one echoing through the memories of that pain on my own body.

"STOP!" I yells desperately as the beatings get worse, I know what's going to happen before it does. Each punch, each cut, each scratch. A wall appearing next to Calum when it's time for the beating I took where he slammed my head into the post. My own head feeling dizzy as I watch, sure I'm is going to puke from the sensation and images I'm taking in. But my eyes stay focused on the pain he is causing Calum, with no way for me to fix it. I'm stuck watching as Calum silently endures the pains, all of my injuries collectively decorated across his beautiful skin. For hours it goes on, every single beating I had blocked out seems to reappear, being given to him now.

"No! NO! NO!" I scream as the scar on my back starts to tingle. I want to look away but I can't as Calum turns to block a young Sammy. The first cry of pain he let's fall comes as blood spatters from his back. I'm fighting everything to get to him, sobs echoing as tears pour down my face, but I can't get closer.

"No! Calum, no!" I wail, "No! Don't hurt him anymore. Don't! Don't!"

"You took everything from me, Madison. I have to take him as revenge, I have to take your everything." Chris' dark eyes meet mine again before Calum stands with a struggle.

"Don't hurt her!" He spits at Chris again.

Without a second of hesitation Chris turns to me, "This is all your fault, it has always been all your fault." Turning back he immediately smashes a bottle across Calum's head.

"NOOOOO!" I scream loudly, watching the scene unfold.

Calum's body reacts in a perfect replica of mom's as she had died. Chris is suddenly gone, and my invisible restraints let loose. "No! No!" I sob, hurrying to Calum's side only to see his beautiful brown eyes glossed over and lifeless. A large gash bleeding from his head, more blood running from his nose, just like moms had.