Six

Maddie's POV

"Alright, girls night!" Crystal yells, walking into my apartment, I don't actually live here anymore but KayKay had been subletting it from me for the last couple years since breaking up with Ashton.

"It's a bachelorette party not just girls night." Sierra groans, "It's not my fault you can't drink and you don't hardly drink." She motions to Crystal and then me.

"First off, we don't want Crystal drinking. Baby girl needs that to not happen." KayKay laughs, "And Maddie has a really good reason to not be drinking."

"Ya, when she was getting better. But she has looked like she needs a stiff one since she got home from visiting her family. So maybe she actually does." Sierra chuckles, setting me on edge with the comment.

"Okay, I wasn't going to talk about it until after the wedding but since the bride brought it up. Spill." KayKay jumps onto the counter, all three pairs of eyes looking at me.

"Look, I already told you, and now I'm going to tell you both." I motion to Crystal and then the other two, "We are not discussing it until after the wedding. It isn't ruining any part of this or causing any part of your brains from being focused on our beautiful bride and the wedding. Next week Calum and I will figure out how to let you all into the mess coming. But that's just it, it's coming. We have two weeks before anything major can happen so we aren't discussing it before the wedding. End of discussion."

"Maddie, don't hide away again. It scares me when you do." KayKay frowns, her eyes moving to the floating staircase, her mind no doubt thinking back to two years prior when she found me up those same stairs nearly dead.

"It's not like that, Kay, I promise. I'm just asking for two more days. I want your support through what is coming, I'm going to need it to be more correct. But it isn't going to spoil the wedding. Also damn all of you! I used to be so good at hiding my emotions and every last one of you has seen right through it; and the boys through Calum's."

"It's because we love you, Mads." Crystal sighs, wrapping her arms around me gently.

"I know. I was determined to keep it from everyone for a week though, and I couldn't even manage that." I whine.

"Hey, we won't push so long as you promise we get to know what the hell is going on soon."

"After the wedding, and you can know when you get back from your honeymoon, Si."

"Okay, that's probably fair. But the day Lu and I are home I want to know, okay? I want to be your support too." Sierra frowns ever so slightly.

"I promise." I nod, hurrying across the room as there is a knock at the door. As quickly as the serious conversation started it's ended, all four of us knowing it isn't something to discuss with all of Sierra's friends at her party. Instead we focus on enjoying the evening celebrating Sierra and the wedding set for the following evening.

Calum's POV

"Are you sure I don't get to see you all pretty before I walk you down the aisle?" I pout at Mads as we lift our garment bags from the back of the car, waiting for her to pull her makeup kit out as well before shutting the door.

"I doubt it. My job as a bridesmaid is to keep Sierra from crying her makeup off, biting her nails to nubs, and getting the dress on her. Your job is to make sure Luke only has one drink pre-ceremony, and his tie isn't crooked. When all those things are accomplished I'll be waiting outside the chapel to lock arms with you, so we can witness this marriage."

"Alright. But I'm gonna need a full minute to compose myself after I see my girl looking all gorgeous and done up." I chuckle, pulling her by the waist until I have her snuggly tucked against my chest, kissing her softly. "I love you, have fun with the girls."