Thirty-One

5 Seconds Of Summer
Jumping on to let you all know Cal has been moved from the ICU. We are excited to get to see him finally. (Only family and EC was allowed to in ICU). We can't wait to show him all the love you are sending his way as soon as he wakes.
|
5 Seconds Of Summer
Thank you all for your understanding and support.

Maddie's POV

"This is the nicest hospital room I have ever seen." Mali chuckles as she and I sit waiting for a text that everyone else has arrived.

"VIP wards are a thing in big US hospitals, it keeps security locked down, and fans out. It's kind of nice. Plus, this view is pretty great, and this couch-bench thing will be nice for sleeping on while I'm here."

"You can come back to the hotel with all of us if you want, Mads."

"I could go back to Waco with Sam too, but I'm not going to. I want to be here when he wakes up, and if anything happens. He did that for me as much as possible when I was in the hospital, I plan to do the same for him."

"I admire that." Mali smiles, glancing down as her phone buzzes, "Mum says they just parked. They should be up here soon."

"Good. He will like having everyone around. Right, Cal?" I smile at him from my chair, squeezing his hand softly. I freeze suddenly, squeezing gently again to make sure I'm not imagining it. I'm not. I can physically see his fingers tighten around mine ever so slightly this time.

"Cal?" I ask with a shaky voice, both panicked and excited. Standing to brush a hand over his cheek lightly. "Cal, baby, can you hear me?" His eyes flutter heavily, not quite opening.

"Cal, it's okay, you don't have to wake up yet if you're not ready." I half chuckle, half cry, happy tears dripping from my eyes.

"Mads?" he barely whispers.

"I'm right here, baby, right here." I nod, ghosting a finger over his cheek again as to not put pressure on any of his wounds.

"Kiss." He whispers again, wincing as he coughs softly.

I don't have to be asked twice, as soon as he stops coughing I'm presses my lips to his gently, smiling as his mold back against mine for the first time in over five months.

"Pain." he breaths out.

"All over or one spot in particular?"

"All." He sighs, his eyes yet to open.

"I'll get his doctor." Mali smiles, "Welcome back to the world, baby brother. Next time you are that stupid I'll kill you myself." She laughs before exiting the room.

"I love you, Calum Hood. But your sister is right, you did something so stupid, and you almost died from it." I laugh.

"Love you too." his lips pull up slightly.

"I missed you." I sigh, squeezing his left hand again, pulling it into my lap as I sit carefully on his bed beside him.

"Love you. Not leaving." he smiles slightly larger, his eyes blinking softly until they open fully.

"I missed those eyes." I mumble.

"I missed all of you, Maddie Rose." Cal chuckles hoarsely.

"I'm not leaving, not ever again." I grin, wiping the tears still falling from my eyes.

"Calum, I hear you are in pain." Doctor Tams comes in with Mali far sooner than I had assumed they would.

"Cal, this is your Doctor, and Surgeon, Doctor Tams. He and his team saved your life yesterday." I smile.