Seventeen

*double update!! Enjoy. Read 16 first!

Maddie's POV

"You were out late last night." I yawn, glancing at Calum as I pour myself a mug from the coffee pot.

"Ashton and I got caught up, sorry. We were watching a movie at his place. KayKay never came over so I didn't realize what time it was until the movie was over."

"She had Si drop her off at the apartment. She figured Ash was crashing here." I laugh, "Maybe they should communicate slightly better next time."

"Maybe. How was the baby shower?"

"Great. I had a lot of fun..." My words trail off as I notice a bandage wrapped around the outside of Calum's left hand.

"Good. So did I." It clearly isn't lost on Cal where my focus has gone, a smirk growing on his face.

"Did you and Ash get drunk and get stupid tattoos?" I half whine, a necessary fear of mine after Luke had to drag them back from a parlor in London during their last tour. They had apparently planned on getting matching 'Bonzi and Fonzi Brothers' tattooed largly on the back of their shoulders. Thank heavens for Luke.

"Well it sorta matches one of his, but it was carefully picked and planned and it was not at all because of Ash." Calum chuckles, "Come here, I didn't even let Ashton see it fully done. I wanted you to see it first." He smiles, grabbing at me until I sit down beside him.

"Is it, is it for me?" I ask hesitantly, not sure if I will be flattered or mortified when he says yes.

"Ya, it's nothing crazy, but it's my way of putting the most important person in my life on my body. I have my family, I have my band, and now, I have you too." Calum smiles, pulling the tape back, revealing a simple rose along the side of his hand my name written very carefully along the stem.

I gingerly takes his hand, turning it to admire the small and simple tattoo now there. My eyes looking far longer than necessary, giving my mind and heart time to decide what it means, and how I feel about it.

"Do you hate it, Mads?" Calum asks quietly, a hint of fear in his voice.

"No." I smile softly, looking up to meet his eyes. "I love it, Cal, it's perfect, understated, and beautiful."

"I'm so glad you love it. Honestly, this summer I was starting to debate the idea of proposing sometime this fall. But then news broke about Chris, and life turned on us, and it just isn't the time for that yet. But I still wanted to make a commitment to you, Mads. I wanted to show you that no matter what, I'm yours. And tattooing you into my skin the same way you've tattooed yourself into my heart seemed like the right way."

"I don't deserve you, Calum Thomas." I chuckle as a few tears fall. Calum can't reach to wipe them away though, my own hands grasping his jaw softly but firmly and attaching my lips to his in a deep kiss. His arms falling to hold my waist, a sign that he is letting me control how far things will go.

"I love you." I whisper, leaning my head against his.

"I love you too, Madison Rose, Always." Calum chuckles softly. "I'm so glad you love the tattoo."

"More than any other gift you've ever given me." I nod gently against his head. 

"I'll top it when the times right. Your ring will be even more perfect than the tattoo." I can't help it, pulling his lips back to mine. It's impossible for me to try and understand how someone who knows me better than I knows myself exists. How could someone as perfect as my Calum be real?

Calum's POV

"Hey Babe?" I call, coming down the stairs with the security camera pulled up on my phone.