#47 Secret / Hidden Talent

I'm still alive and now have some imagination since I'll probably post another chapter shortly. I hope you guys had a great Christmas and 2019 and wish you the best for 2020  (: 

Harry:  Multilingualism 

You casually walked in the Common Room one evening during your third year, thinking about your potion essay, and found Harry sitting on the floor in front of the fireplace

You casually walked in the Common Room one evening during your third year, thinking about your potion essay, and found Harry sitting on the floor in front of the fireplace. He was frantically muttering "expecto patronum" over and over, while waving his wand in every possible direction. 

"The hell would you need a protector for, Potter?" you asked when you arrived behind him, making him jump in surprise. 

"What?" He said, once he regained some composure. He was blushing a tiny little bit at the squeal he had emitted when you scared him, and hoped you hadn't noticed -tho of course you did and were laughing internally. "What are you talking about?"

"Expecto patrononum" you repeated, "it's latin. It means 'I expect a protector'."

"I see..." Harry mused and stood up because his neck was starting to hurt from looking up at you. "Well, it's a spell, it's supposed to ward Dementors off. Professor Lupin is trying to teach me how to use it." 

You both had sat down on a couch while he was giving his explanations. You weren't exactly friends with Harry at the time and it was probably one of your longest conversations yet. He was surprised, to say the least, to realize how friendly you could be when you tried to. 

"Oh, right. That's nice of him" you said. You didn't quite know how to answer, but didn't want the conversation to end now. "Most spells are actually latin words of phrases."

"Really? How comes you speak latin?" Harry asked, as he too wanted to keep the discussion going. 

"Well," you chuckled "you know how pureblood families have to marry each other so that their blood stays 'pure'?" Harry nodded, and smiled at the air quotes you made around the word pure, as if you didn't believe in blood purity. "Well, to avoid inbreeding, most families actually marry pure blood wizards or witches from other country. In my family, it has became a tradition to learn the language of every family member. Latin helps a lot when you try to learn latin languages, so that's why my parents taught me latin." 

"That's awesome!" Harry genuinely exclaimed. The only language he had ever tried to learn in his life was French, when he was in a muggle school, and all he could remember was 'Bonjour, je m'appelle Harry et j'aime les baguettes'. "So, how many languages do you speak?"

Ron: Writing