7

Steven and Tiara never realised when they fell asleep on the couch from last night while watching the movie

Somewhere around midnight, when Anthony came home. He realised that the two had fallen asleep on the couch. He already knew that Tiara was home as he talked to his mother about it after a few hours of her arriving in the Collins mansion.

Anthony couldn't leave his siblings on the couch like that. It was already freezing cold weather outside. So, with alot of hesitation, he bought a blanket from upstairs and spread it over both of them.It was so unlike of Anthony to do something like that but maybe he wasn't that cold hearted afterall.

It was now six thirty in the morning when Maria and Anthony were downstairs, getting ready for office and school. Anthony jogged towards the kitchen and took a seat to have a morning breakfast. In the next ten minutes, Benjamin and Aiden were downstairs too. Having breakfast silently. Maria was the first to be done with her breakfast. She walked up to her son and Tiara.

She knew Steven wasn't a morning person and it would take fifteen minutes to atleast make him stir. Forget about fully waking him up successfully in one go. She didn't have so much time. So, she rather looked at Tiara. Sleeping soundly. Her eyelashes brushing her upper cheeks softly and some strands of hairs dangling around her forehead and eyes. Tiara's hairs were always a mess. Awake or not.

Maria touched Tiara's shoulder and gave it a little shake. Tiara's stirred. "Wake up, Tiara," Maria said in a heavy voice. Somewhere in the heaviness, there was gentleness and Maria didn't understand why and how it came there. 

"No," Tiara mumbled with a frown. "let me sleep, mumma," Maria flinched back. She looked at the kitchen. No one heard. It wasn't a crime but Tiara calling her mumma made Maria's stomach twitch weirdly.

You're not my daughter. Even if I always wanted one, you're not.

Maria's eyebrows stayed into a frown as she stared at Tiara. She looked back into the kitchen. "Honey, kids, I'm leaving." she called out.

"Alright, bye." Aiden said in monotone.

"Drive safe," Benjamin informed like always.

"Bye, mom." Anthony said with a mouthful of flakes.

She nodded and left with a heavy heart. Why did Tiara calling her mumma affected her so much? She wasn't her daughter. And Tiara calling her that was an accident. She said it almost unconsciously.

PRIORITIES

Tiara felt tingles on her forehead. Her eyes fluttered open and her brother Steven's face came in full view. She realised that she fell asleep on the couch with him. But she had no idea where the blanket that was over the both of them came from. Maybe Steven pulled it over them somewhere in the middle of the night... is what she thought. How oblivious was she..