10

'I'll be right back'

Tiara mouthed Jay and left. Honestly, Jay felt pretty lonely right after she left. He looked at his othe bestfriends. Madison was throwing her hands in the air, laughing, jumping and singing along the music. Mason was also dancing beside his sister not at all bothered about the world.He chuckled and looked away. His friends were something else.

"Jay," a sweet voice called him.

Jay turned and found Stella, the birthday girl. "Hey," Jay said walking up to her.

"Uh, hi," she pulled out her hand out, "would you like to dance with me?"

Jay hesitated. He wasn't a socially awkward person like Tiara but dancing with a girl he barely knew wasn't his thing to do.

Yet, not wanting to insult the birthday girl in her own party, he accepted her hand and wrapped his arms around her waist. She immediately put both her hands on his shoulders and smiled up at him.

Jay smiled awkwardly.

Tiara, where the hell are you? He thought.

The music was now slow and they were dancing slowly. Jay looked around and saw a girl with a denim jacket on. She looked familiar because her hairs were oddly similar to him.

Tiara...

He looked down at the birthday girl and stuttered, "h-hey, I-I need to go. It was nice dancing with you," he awkwardly untangled himself from Stella and took a pace to catch up on Tiara.

He grabbed her by her elbow and spun her around. The sudden move made her collapse against his chest.

Jay frowned when her eyes shined with unshed tears. "Why're you crying?" He asked.

She thought for a moment. She didn't knew the answer. Yet, she decided to lie. "Oh, no nothing. I just talked to my brothers. They gave me this jacket," she chuckled and pulled away from Jay. "said they're trying to protect me."

Jay nodded, "so you got emotional?"

Tiara nodded and rubbed her tears with her fingers, mindful of not messing the eyeliner up. "You were having fun with Stella so I thought I shouldn't disturb you," she confessed.

"I was searching for you, she asked me to dance with her," Jay confessed aswell.

"Oh.." Tiara nodded. Feeling slightly happy that he didn't take the initiative.

Suddenly, Mason out of no where, grabbed Tiara's hand and pulled her in the ball room once more and started to dance with her. It was more like spinning her around and making her laugh like hell.

Jay stared at Tiara. Something was happening in his stomach. He felt .... He felt butterflies there. The feeling was foreign. He just couldn't take his eyes off her. He also thought that the jacket did a great job on making her look more cute. She looked like a masterpiece.