20

"Good evening, princess," Aiden kissed the top of Tiara's head

She smiled as he sat beside her "good evening, dad," she kissed her father's cheek.

She saw Maria too come into the kitchen "good evening, Maria," she gave her a warm smile.

"Evening, Tiara," she mumbled and sat opposite to them.

Tiara took a sip of her coffie and relaxed in her chair. She was in deep thoughts. She wanted to tell her father about the incident at the icecream parlour but didn't know how to bring up the topic. She didn't want to stress him up but also wanted to tell him and to do something about it.

"Tiara,"

"Huh?" She said looking at Aiden.

He chuckled "you zoned out," he said "what are you thinking about?"

Tiara took a deep breath and took her phone out and the website where the rumor was being spread. She handed her phone silently to her father and Waited for his reaction.

"What the fuck is this?" He said.

"What is it?" Maria asked. Aiden handed Tiara's phone to Maria who read the article and frowned too.

"And.. some reporter tried to take my interview when I was with my friends and he was being very mean,"

Aiden scratched his chin's beard and sighed heavily. He looked at his daughter who was in a very sad mood.

"I'm sorry, princess," Aiden said "that shouldn't have happened,"

Tiara looked at her father "it's not your fault," she mumbled looking down at her lap.

Maria, who glanced at Aiden then at Tiara "I think she'll need a bodyguard," she said.

Aiden nodded but Tiara quickly shook her head "dad, bodyguard is too much,"

"Your safety is my priority, baby. If that's gonna be on risk then you can just say that I've failed to keep you safe and failed to be a good father," Aiden's tone was sad and low. Tiara's heart cried at her father's words.

"Don't say that", she mumbled and played with the hem of her t-shirt "but I really don't want a bodyguard,"

Aiden ran his hand through his face and sighed heavily "we'll see. I'll also have to look after the rumor. Don't know why the fuck would they say that shit,"

Tiara chuckled and shook her head.

Aiden looked at Maria and cleared his throat "so um. I guess you're taking Tia on your kitty party?"

Maria nodded "it's in an hour,"

Aiden had told Maria to take her out. Aiden wanted Tiara to have a mother figure. Even is her real mother had died, she had Maria as a step-mom. Maria didn't like the idea of Tiara being her daughter or even step-daughter, but Aiden tried to make her understand and she did.