15

Seven stood behind Tiara's door

Seven stood behind Tiara's door. Confused if he should knock first or just get in. She would probably be asleep and knocking wouldn't wake her up. So he just softly opened the door and got in. She was sleeping soundly. A thick blanket spread over her. Her face was pressed against the pillow. Steven realised that she'd cried herself to sleep. Her eyes were swollen and cheek were damp. His heart almost broke.

Suddenly, Tiara's eyes fluttered open and she looked at Steven in confusion.

"Hey-Hey, I just came to wake you up," he smiled and sat beside her stomach on the bed.

Tiara would have returned the smile if things were okay, but no. Things  were terrible for Tiara now. She'd lost her mother. She just closed her eyes back. Sleeping was the only time when she wasn't hurting and the pain wasn't near her.

Steven sighed and patted her head and brushed some hairs away from her eyes. "C'mon, you need to eat something. Dad told me you haven't eaten much," Steven said softly. Steven thought he would just be ignored again but Tiara appreciated his effort with a humming voice that cane from the back of her throat. She still refused to open her eyes.

"Wake up, Tia," Steven shook her back gently. He realised that Tiara slept on her stomach alot.

Tiara sighed heavily and decided to just wake up now. There was no point in going back to sleep. She felt like shit. She tossed on her back and yawned opening her eyes. She got up into a sitting position and rubbed her eyes but winced when they hurt. She'd cried enough to make them swell.

"You feeling okay?" Steven asked.

Tiara looked at her brother and shook her head deciding to be honest.

"d-do you need a hug?" He asked, his voice a little awkward. Tiara stared into his eyes. Those big eyes which held innocence and pain. The pain that no child deserves. He smiled warmly and grabbed her head and placed it on his shoulder.

Tiara sighed. As much as she hated to admit it but she liked the affection her brothers offered her. It was like she really needed the care and comfort. Her family knew very well that she needed attention right now and they were ready to give all their attention to her. Anything that would make her feel better.

Steven patted her head a few times before speaking, "you should wash your face. You really look exhausted," even though she'd just woken up.

She hummed and lifted her head from his shoulders, "I'll be back." she mumbled and went into her bathroom. She splashed water on her face. The cold water startled her making her wince. But atleast that woke her up completely. Then, Tiara brushed her teeth and tried to comb the mess of a hairs down with her fingers. She dried her face with a clean towel and went back into her room where Steven was waiting for her patiently.

His eyes smiled through his shiny round glasses, "c'mon, let's go downstairs," he streched his arm out for her. She reached towards him and he immediately wrapped his arm around her shoulders.