14

Tiara looked at the baby in her arms

Tiara looked at the baby in her arms. So delicate. So precious. So small. The baby was wrapped in a soft white blanket. The baby's skin was red, mild red. Maybe that's how all the new borns were supposed to be. The baby had a few hairs above it's forehead and the rest of the head had tiny-tiny soft dark brown hairs. The baby was incredibly small.

Calling the baby 'cute' would be a hurry. Because of course, that thing looked like an alien or atleast that's what Anthony though. He stood at the side of the door, just looking at Tiara hold her baby sister and how her eyes escaped a few tears.

and Mark?

Mark was devastated. He didn't knew if he was supposed to collapse on the floor and cry for his girlfriend's death or dance crazy for his daughter's birth. Messed up. He was so messed up. Just sitting outside the hospital room on one of the chairs. Looking emotionless.

Tiara looked up at Aiden. He smiled at her.

"She's cute," he told her. Tiara nodded. Aiden rubbed the tears that escaped her eyes with the pad of his thumb and kissed the top of her head.

Tiara then handed the baby back to the nurse who kept the baby in the hospital crib.

"I want to meet mom," Tiara gained the courage to say that.

Aiden looked at his daughter and gulped, "are you sure?" He asked.

Tiara nodded and fisted her hands on her sides. The lump in her throat was threatening to sob out any moment. Gwen lost her life whilst giving birth to her daughter. Everything was normal but sudden complications of the the umbilical cord occurred. It was tied up weirdly in her uterus. Either the mom or the daughter could be saved. The doctors tried their best to save the both of them but Gwen couldn't survive.

Aiden asked the nurse to take Tiara and him to the room where her mother was kept. Dead. Asleep forever. Resting forever.

"Anthony?"Aiden asked looking at his son. He shook his head.

"I'll stay here," he told. Aiden nodded and wrapped an arm around Tiara and walked towards the room where her mother was kept. The nurse guided them to the end of the hallway and stopped at a blue door. She dialed the password and opened the door. Inside, there were five-six other bodies. All the bodies were covered in thin blankets from head to toe.

Tiara gulped. This was scary.

"It's okay," Aiden whispered into her ear.

The nurse went to a specific bed and pulled the cover off the head. There she was. Looking lifeless. Being lifeless.

"You have ten minutes," the nurse said and gave them their space standing at the corner of the room.

Tiara walked towards her mother. Gwen was pale. She even resembled slight blue colour in her skin with purple lips. Tiara's eyes pricked with tears. She leaned down at kissed her mother's forehead and caressed her cheek with her hand. "Mom," she sobbed " why'd you leave me?" She asked. She was already feeling light headed. "Mom!" She pressed her head against the cold metal fence of the bed and cried. The amount of pain Tiara felt right now was unbelievable. She was going through something she never thought of happening.