23

Rain

Rain. RAIN. RAIN!

It was raining outside and Tiara couldn't contain her excitement. She loved rain. Out of all seasons, rainy was her favorite. It was the first rain and oh so heavy was it.

She stripped out of her thin hoodie and wore a thick white sweater-top so that it wouldn't get transparent when wet incase someone sees her.

She ran downstairs to make her way into the rain but got bumped into someone. Both the people fell on their butts and groaned.

Tiara realised that the person she bumped into was none other than her brother Steven.

Steven smirked at Tiara, "don't tell me you were about to do the same thing I was about to," Tiara understood and quickly stood up on her feet.

Steven and Tiara ran out of their house like some maniacs and jumped into the small layer of water formed outside their house. They were having their time of life. Laughing, dancing, falling and occasionally singing incoherent songs for a long-long time.

"Steven! Tiara!"

Both of them stopped and looked at Maria who was standing outside the front door of the house. She was holding two white-clean towels in her arms.

"That's enough, come inside now," she yelled through the heavy rain.

The two jogged untill they were under the shadow of their dear house. Both of them grabbed one towel each from Maria and wrapped it around their shoulders.

"Thanks, Mom," Steven said and rushed in.

"Thanks Mo- Maria," Tiara stuttered awkwardly. Maria was also stunned for a second or so. Tiara almost called her mom and that stutter was awkward enough to make both of them uncomfortable.

Tiara too got in and sat beside Steven who was sitting on one of the dining table chairs. Anne was already making hot tea for the both of them. Poor kids were literally shaking. Both their hairs were fully wet and Maria got worried that they were going to fall sick.

The symptom was literal when Tiara sneezed first.

Maria sighed and helped the house maid get the cups and gave it to her son and her stepdaughter.

"How long were you both outside?" Maria asked.

Tiara and Steven shared a look and then looked back at Maria.

"Um.. we lost the track of time," Steven mumbled adjusting his glasses on his nose and took a sip of the amazing tea.

"Mmm.." Tiara moaned, "this tea is awesome,"

"Well, thanks." Anne laughed and left the kitchen.

Suddenly, a car passed the front door and was parked into the garage. Anthony came in running and grumbling, complained about the sudden rain.