16

Steven's index finger was in a tight grip of Susan's little fist

Steven's index finger was in a tight grip of Susan's little fist. She'd wrapped her little fist around his finger. Steven loved little kids. It was really a new information for Tiara. She didn't knew little kids had this effect on Steven.

Tiara was smiling down at her baby sister. Susan simultaneously looked around the house whilst drinking the milk from the bottle. Tiara looked at Steven and smirked. He was already in love with Susan. Tiara's sadness was like vanished away for the time while as the little baby stayed on her lap patiently and had her baby drink.

Anthony saw everything. The little girl's fist wrapped around Steven's finger to the amused smile Steven carried that totally reached his eyes. He saw how Tiara didn't carry the emotionless face anymore and there was a smile on her lips. He sighed. Atleast someone was happy after all the crying.

Mark smiled through his eyes at Tiara. He really wanted her to be his step daughter. Tiara was already like a daughter for him but the traumatizing death of his dear girlfriend Gwen screwed everything up. It was like Susan was given him as a gift and Gwen was taken away instead. Was that even a good deal? But mark had made a pledge to keep Susan safe from everything and anything and that she won't get hurt ever in her life. Because now, she was his life. His everything. His priority.

Susan was finished with the milk now. Tiara kept the bottle down. Susan immediately closed her eyes and fell in a deep slumber. But, the hold on Steven's finger didn't got loosened up for some reason.

"She fell asleep already?" Steven asked.

"She's a baby, and babies needs sleep," Mark said who was sitting beside Anthony.

"Doesn't she needs to burp?" Tiara asked. She knew a little about babies.

Mark nodded "I'll do that,"

Tiara stopped him, "can you teach me how to?"

Mark smiled, "you want to?" Tiara nodded her head.

Mark stood up and sat on the floor beside Tiara and Steven.

"Put her torso vertically on the side of  your stomach," she did as she was told. "and pat her back." after patting her back for a moment, a cute little burp escaped Susan's mouth. Tiara smiled in accomplishment.

"That it," mark smiled, "actually, my mom tought this to me yesterday."

Tiara nodded, "how're you holding up, Mark?" she suddenly asked.

Mark sighed and looked down on his lap, "just, fine I guess. Have to cop up for Sue," he already had a nickname for his daughter. Or thats want Gwen had planned it to be.

"What about you. Are you okay?" Mark asked Tiara who shrugged.

"It's only been a day," she said and he knew she wasn't okay. Mark nodded. He stood up and took the baby from Tiara and put her back on the crip covering her in a soft blanket.