Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Winnie’s P.O.V.

Nicole and I had just barely managed to escape. We have a day off from work because it is “law oriented.” I have never been one to agree with the law, but I saw this as a sign. I shouldn’t question it this time around. We were heading out into town, window shopping, people watching, the whole thing. The best part had to be the people watching. Some of these people really were a fashion disaster. If only Louis were here to hex them to bits. He would call the fashion police in a second. Some girl was walking down the street like she owned the place. Her hair was cherry red, obviously fake, but it didn’t seem to bother her as she pranced around in her wedged sneakers; her curly hair bounced with her. I feel like I know her from somewhere.

“Winnie, Nicole?”

“Oh hi Ricky!” Nicole squealed.

“Ricky!” I ran up to her and gave her a hug.

“Hey girl, what are you doing here?” Ricky asked.

“Oh you know fleeing from our jobs.” I said calmly.

She laughed, “Oh god, I bet your job isn’t as bad as mine. I work in a video rental store; I’m the one who goes to peoples houses when they don’t return something in like a year. Let me tell ya, grandma ain’t pretty when she wants to keep Wizard of Oz.”

I chuckled, “Well I serve rancid old men who want to stare at me and drink beer while watching a football game.”

“Oh no, you work at Caroline’s?” She looked shocked.

“Oh yes, did anyone ever tell you she’s a raging bitch?”

“Who, Caroline?”

“Yup, We are on a law ordered day off.”

“Damn girl.”

----

Nicole, Ricky, and I walked down the streets of London. Actually we skipped down the streets gossiping about our lives. It was weird how we were now friends with One Direction.

“Who would have known that Jasmine would come back into my life, only to introduce me to One Direction. I was never a blustering fangirl, but I always liked them.” Ricky admitted.

“I know what you mean. I’ve just met you and your friends once and I already feel like I have known you all forever.” I thought.

“You both are like long lost sisters. If you had lived near us as kids, I know we would have been the biggest and baddest girl group to rock that small town.” Ricky offered.

“Ha yea, we would have kicked some serious butt.” Nicole laughed.

I suppose it was a time and place thing. I’m glad we had been there only a week and a half ago when we met Jasmine and her friends. But, to think that if we had both lived in their town we could have been their friends. We could have actually had nice childhoods with friends, not just ourselves. Nicole and I grew up together in a not so great neighborhood with a no name school and a no name street no one would ever remember. I remember being only ten years old and walking through the woods to get to school because if I went on the sidewalk I would get mugged. I grew up to be thick skinned along with Nicole. We ran away from home the moment I could drive. When I came here I was seventeen and worked as a waitress, lying about my age. Of course Nicole did the same. It was a nice job, one with nice people and good wages. However, it went out of business and we were hired at Caroline’s.

Nicole’s P.O.V.

“Damn you Caroline, you can go burn in hell for all I care!”