13

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-August 1st, 1991-

{Alex's POV}

Alex had been living with Remus for four years now. The four years had been the best years of their life. Well, some of the best, the ten years with the founders were pretty good too. They had been able to freely experiment and research every topic they wanted and had access to more books as it was easier to go out and buy more. Plus, Sal, Helga, Ric, Rena and Merlin had left quite a large number of books for them in their vaults. They were still finding new books in the vaults, even after four years of visiting.

They had completed their masteries in Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Runes, Herbology and DADA, as well as completing their healers course. In this time, the Dark Arts mastery didn't exist. They had also created and improved a large number of potions and had sold them to St Mongos. Remus was their spokesperson, as they wanted to stay in the shadows. They really hated attention. They had had to provide their certifications for their potions and herbology masteries and healers course before the hospital had accepted their improvements. But after that, they kept coming back for more.

This small business had allowed a steady income to provide for them and Remus, especially because Remus struggled to keep a solid job. Even after the potion which negated the vicious parts of the werewolf curse, people still thought of him as a dangerous beast. With the potions they had provided to St Mongos, they hadn't given them the improved wolfsbane yet. They had decided to give that to them when they started at Hogwarts.

They were currently sitting at their desk, experimenting with runes and technology. Muggle technology was amazing. Unfortunately, it didn't cooperate very well with magic. They had been able to make runes that would allow them to not malfunction around magic but was still trying to get them to survive magic being cast straight on it. At the moment, they were working on combining different runic alphabets, trying to see if that would allow a runic combination that they hadnt found yet.

"Alex, dinners ready," Remus called, his voice drifting up the stairs. Alex sighed, leaving their work open on their desk, planning on coming back to it later. They headed downstairs, moving straight to the kitchen dining room combo. They quickly set the table as Remus dished up.

They conversed as they ate, but the conversation was about light subjects. As they ate dinner, Remus brought up Hogwarts.

"So, what house do you want to be in at Hogwarts?" he asked.

"Oh, Ravenclaw would be good. I definitely value knowledge," they said, and Remus nodded along.

"That's where I think you'll go," he agreed.

"I wouldn't mind Slytherin either. I mean, Sal was my favourite and I feel I would fit in there. Hufflepuff definitely wouldn't work for me, I really don't think that I would make friends easily enough to fit in there. Gryffindor just feels wrong, I mean, it's where Harry will be and that's enough to put me off anyway. But I just don't feel that I am brave or daring enough for Gryffindor," they continued. Remus looked thoughtful.

"I agree, you would also fit into Slytherin. You are definitely cunning and sly. But I go with my original statement, you would fit into Ravenclaw perfectly. And I don't think that the other students in Hufflepuff would be able to cope with you having a Basilisk as a familiar. Akira would terrify them. The Gryffindors would just think that Akira is evil and would try to isolate you," Remus said. Alex nodded. They hadn't even thought about how others at Hogwarts would react to Akira.

-September 1st, 1991-

It was finally the day that Alex would be going to Hogwarts. They had all their things packed and ready to go and now all they were waiting for was Remus. Remus finally appeared in the kitchen and Alex couldn't help the grin that split their face. Yes, they were sad that they were leaving Remus, but they were going to Hogwarts, the place that they had lived for 10 years.