15

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-September 1st, 1991-

{Alex's POV}

Alex entered their room. The walls were a soft, pale blue, so pale that it was almost white. There was one bed on the right side of the room, the bedsheets a deep azure. The bedframe was bronze, as were the handles and detailing on the chest of drawers next to the bed. There was a window seat in the middle of the back wall, the view leading out over the grounds, quidditch pitch and forest. The dark forest that was now forbidden.

Alex found their trunk at the bottom of the bed. They opened the trunk, flicking their wrist and having all their belongings move to their assigned places in the room. They then placed a warming charm on the window seat and Akira moved from around their waist and onto the seat.

$Tomorrow I am going to see if my mother still lives here. I am pretty sure she does, as we live for hundreds of years. If she does, I will probably stay there during the day while you're at classes,$ Akira hissed.

$Alright. That sounds like a good plan. Just make sure you aren't seen; I don't want anyone trying to harm you. If she doesn't, which I doubt, you can stay in my personal quarters during the day,$ Alex replied. Akira nodded in acknowledgement to their request, before curing up on the window seat to sleep.

Alex changed into their sleepwear, slipping into their bed. The bed was just as soft as the bed in their personal quarters had been. They closed their eyes, quickly becoming enamoured by sleep.

-September 2nd, 1991-

Alex woke the next morning at 5:30, as they did every day. They got dressed into their combat robes, before opening the window and shifting into their Dark Phoenix. They quickly flew to the dark forest, landing in the clearing that Godric had always chosen to train in.

They went about their normal routine. Charm a few trees to become combatants and duel for 20 minutes. Then a quick mind check before weapons. They would throw knives and practice links with their daggers for another 20 minutes. This routine took 45 minutes and they completed it every day.

After finishing with their knives, Alex shifted back into their Dark Phoenix and flew back into their room. They shifted back and changed into their everyday robes, after a quick shower. It was Sunday, so they wouldn't start classes until the next day. They got ready for the day before leaving their room, settling into one of the armchairs near the fire with a book. It was 6:30, so they would have half an hour before Professor Flitwick came to give his welcoming speech.

They opened their book, becoming immersed in Salazar's theories and ideas concerning potion making. It was one of Salazar's potion journals, written in Parseltongue. It was one of many, as he had filled up a single journal every few months. It contained everything Sal had ever thought of about potions; theories surrounding the different ingredients, ideas to create new potions and ways to improve ones that already existed. Sal hadn't actually acted on many of the ideas, leaving Alex free to try them out.

Alex soon became aware of a presence behind them. They turned in their chair. Standing behind them was Padma and Terry.

"How did you sleep?" Padma asked.

"Fine. The bed is simply wonderful."

"It is," Terry agreed.

"I didn't see you in our room last night. This may seem rude, but that makes me assume you're a boy?" Padma commented. Alex sighed, how were they going to answer that one.

"But Alex must have been in your room last night," Terry said, turning to Padma. Alex could see the confusion on their faces.

"They weren't in the girl's dormitory."