31

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-June 3rd, 1992-

{Alex's POV}

Three months had passed since they had originally created the Griseo Gardiens, and Alex was quite happy with how their group was working together. In their meetings every Saturday, they worked on their Occlumency more, worked out codenames and how the Griseo Gardiens would work when the war started again as well as spent their time mucking around and being kids.

It was now June and they had decided that they were going to spend more time studying, in preparation for their exams. They had all put all extra-curricular studies onto hold until the week after exams. Alex looked around their room, watching their friends help each other study.

Draco was helping Neville with potions, as Neville's magic just didn't like potions, while Draco's did. Alex had offered them their potions lab and Draco was currently helping Neville get the potion he thought they would be doing to at least the right colour, even if it wasn't the correct shade.

Hermione and Blaise were discussing Charms and Transfiguration, while Terry read over all the notes the group had collectively gotten for history. Michael and Anthony were going over DADA notes and techniques while Lisa and Mandy tried to remember everything they could about Herbology. Padma, meanwhile, was studying star charts, trying to commit them to memory.

Alex, meanwhile, was trying to work out why some of the professors had taken such an interest in them since the Easter holidays. Sure, they had hinted to two of the professors that they had a mastery, but they hadn't actually told anyone, apart from their friends. Maybe they would just have to ask the teachers.

"Alex, will you quiz me?" Terry asked.

"Sure. History?" Terry nodded. "Which section?"

"All of it," Terry sighed.

"Ok. When did the Gargoyle Strike occur?"

"1911, I think."

"Correct. Why did the Werewolf Code of Conduct in 1637 fail?"

"Wasn't it because no one wanted to admit they were a werewolf, so no one showed up to sign it." They continued like that until Alex had gone through most of the notes that they thought would be needed for the exam.

"Ok, I'm done with revision for today. My brain feels like it's going to explode," Michael exclaimed, throwing his hands into the air dramatically. "The exams are in a day and I've decided that at this point I either know it or I don't."

"I agree. Anyone have any interesting gossip from their dorm?" Lisa asked, placing her notes on the table.

"Well, Ron and Harry keep going on about the Philosophers Stone when they think that we're all asleep. They seem to think that Professor Snape is trying to steal it," Neville volunteered from where he was slicing a dandelion root.

"Why the hell would they think that?" Blaise asked.

"We've had this discussion before Blaise. Those two aren't that smart," Padma said.

"Not wrong," Blaise admitted. "But still."

"I mean, Professor Snape does have an intimidating appearance. Especially towards Gryffindors," Hermione admitted. Draco shrugged.

"But why him. I mean, he was one of the teachers who provided a protection for the stone," Alex said.

"Anyone who knows the stone is here would want to steal it though. Why would they even think someone wants to steal it though. How do they even know about it?" Mandy asked.