30

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-March 25th, 1992-

{Alex's POV}

"You said you've invented spells. Can we see some?" Blaise asked.

"Sure. What do you want to see? I've made a shield, blasting, languages, flame and growing spells," Alex said.

"What can the shield do?" Mandy asked.

"It can hold up against any spell, including the unforgivable, I'm pretty sure. Haven't actually tested it against spell fire though."

"Oh, that sounds cool. Can we see that one," Hermione asked eagerly. Alex nodded, moving back a bit to give the shield space to expand around them. They drew their wand, holding it out in front of them. With a slash across their body as though cutting a curse in half, they said,

"Praemunio praesidio." The bright gold and silver shield sprung into existence.

"Woah, that's cool," Neville gasped. Draco fingered his wand, watching the shield.

"May I?" he asked. At Alex's nod, he started firing off some spells. They were higher than first year level, as he had had training before Hogwarts, but weren't dangerous. Terry, Michael and Anthony stood, wands out as well. Alex nodded and soon they had four boys firing spells at them. And the shield still held. Finally, the boys all stopped and sat down again. Alex allowed the shield to disappear, retracting back into their body.

"What about the languages spell?" Padma asked. Alex smiled. They pointed their wand at Draco, straight at his throat, and drew a small figure eight in the air.

$Translate,$ they hissed. The others looked confused when nothing happened, and Draco shook his head, seemingly disorientated.

$How do you feel Draco?$ they asked.

"I'm fine. What was the spell meant to do?" Draco replied, not having realised that Alex asked the question in Parseltongue.

"How did you understand what Alex said Draco?" Blaise asked. Draco turned to Blaise.

"They asked in English, didn't they?"

*Nah, I asked in Parseltongue,* Alex replied.

"Then how did I understand what you said. I don't speak Parseltongue." Draco seemed to be getting more and more confused.

"Oh, I see what the spell did. It translates everything Draco hears into English," Lisa said. Alex nodded.

"It lasts for about 2 hours." The others watched Alex talk to Draco in many different languages, amused by the one side of the conversation they could understand. Eventually, Terry interrupted.

"So, what now? Are you doing anything at the moment?"

"No. For now I just go to classes, research, experiment and train. But I think that we should meet here every weekend to have a meeting, in case anything comes up," Alex replied.

"Well, lets head to dinner, I'm starving," Anthony said. They all agreed, slipping out of the room in small groups and heading down to the Great Hall.

-May 1st, 1992-

Alex met their friends in their rooms, having decided to take their friends who were interested down to the chamber. Their rooms had been decided to be their new meeting place, rather than the library. All their friends were already seated, homework in front of them. They had decided that before lunch they would still have a study session and after lunch would be dedicated to independent study, training or Griseo Gardiens business, not that there was any of that yet.