32

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-June 15th, 1992-

{Alex's POV}

Alex was sitting at breakfast the next day when a flash of silver appeared in front of them. A warning that a message was coming. They, along with their friends in Ravenclaw, stood and quickly made their way out of the hall. 30 seconds after the first flash, silver words appeared.

'Private Quarters, 30 minutes,' appeared in Neville's handwriting. Alex exchanged looks with their friends. They headed back into the Great Hall to finish their breakfasts. 20 minutes later, they all left, heading up to Alex's private quarters. They found Draco and Blaise already there, waiting for them. They settled down to wait. A few minutes later, Hermione entered the room, closely followed by Neville.

"So, what news about last night?" Mandy asked as soon as Neville was seated.

"Well, Ron and Harry got to Professor Flitwick's obstacle before Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape found them. They lost some points and have detention for the rest of the term," Neville said.

"I mean, we had no hope at winning anyway, so I don't even care that they lost points," Hermione said, arms crossed. She did not look impressed by her house mates.

"Did Professor Snape say anything to you?" Terry asked the two Slytherins.

"He talked to me privately before breakfast. While Professor McGonagall took Potter and Weasley back to their common room, he continued through the obstacles to see if their suspicions held any fruit. He apparently found Quirrell standing at the last obstacle, talking to someone he was referring to as Master. Professor Snape confronted him, and they duelled. Apparently, he was about to capture Quirrell when a black mist emerged from Quirrell's body, causing him to collapse. He didn't say what happened to Quirrell after that," Draco explained.

"Do you think Quirrell is ok?" Lisa asked.

"Well, a black smoke leaving the body and causing the person to collapse is a sign of possession, meaning he possibly died," Michael offered.

"Possession. You think someone was possessing Quirrell?" Blaise asked.

"Well, I've always thought his stutter was fake, or at least exaggerated. If someone was possessing him, they could have put the stutter on to aid in covering other traces of abnormality," Alex added.

"Who could have possessed him though?" Padma asked. Everyone was quiet for a while, thinking. Alex suddenly remembered something from the night Harry became the Boy-Who-Lived.

"Who needs the Philosophers Stone so badly that they would possess someone? Only really powerful magicals can do that," they said.

"What are you getting at Alex?" Neville asked.

"Does anyone know what happened to Voldemort the night he attacked me?"

"Well, the rebounding killing curse killed him, right?" Lisa said.

"He disappeared, yes, but who's to say he actually died? I remember that night clearly. His body fell to the ground, yes, but a faint black smoke left his body as well." Their friends stared at them.

"Are you saying that the Dark Lord is still alive?" Draco asked, voice slightly higher pitched than it normally would be.

"I don't think that he is just alive. I think it was him possessing Quirrell. He would want the Philosophers Stone to regain a body. The only question is how he survived."

-June 19th, 1992-

Alex was surrounded by their friends as they waited for Dumbledores end of year speech. The Great Hall was covered in green and silver, due to Slytherin winning the House Cup for a seventh year in a row. Ravenclaw had come second to them by only 5 points. Dumbledore stood, arms wide as if he wanted to hug everyone.