37

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-July 29th, 1992-

{Alex's POV}

They landed out the front of the house and headed inside, eager to see Remus again after being in France for 2 weeks. They pulled their shrunken trunks from their pocket, a flick of their wrist resizing the trunks, another flick sending the trunks up to their room.

Luggage dealt with, they headed into the living room, not surprised to see Sirius in there with Remus. Sirius had basically moved in before they left for France, visiting every day. It had taken Sirius quite a few weeks to finally accept that they weren't normal in any aspect, and for him to stop underestimating them.

Alex was sitting in the living room, meditating as they fixed their mindscape, making sure everything was ordered, neat and tidy, as well as making sure all of their defences were still standing strong. They noticed that Sirius' magical presence had entered the room but didn't bother to pull out of their mindscape. They were still strengthening the mist around their memories to hide them from any intruder that managed to get that far into their mind.

They eventually decided that their mind was as good as it would get and pulled out. They found Sirius still standing in the doorway, staring at them in surprise. They raised an eyebrow in questions, glancing over to Remus who was reading on the couch nearby.

"You were floating cub. And your magic was visibly glowing around you." Remus answered their unasked question without looking up from his book.

"It should not be possible to float or have your magic be that visible, or glowing," Sirius said. They turned back to face the man standing in the doorway.

"Says who?" they challenged.

"The rules of magic," Sirius declared.

"Written by humans, not magic. I can do anything that my magic lets me. I only accept that something isn't possible after multiple attempts and without seeing or hearing about someone else doing it." Sirius just gaped at them.

"I told you to get used to this type of thing Padfoot. It's your fault for underestimating them," Remus added.

"I give up," Sirius decided, dramatically throwing his hands in the air.

"Hey Remus, Sirius," they said, stepping a bit further into the room.

"Hey cub. Have a good time?" Remus asked.

"It was great. Nick and Perry are amazing, and they are both so talented."

"Nick and Perry?" Sirius asked, an eyebrow cocked. Alex nodded, deciding to have some fun with Sirius. They hadn't told him why they had left, after all, and he was so fun to surprise.

"Yeah, that's what they told me to call them. Short for Nicholas and Perrenelle."

"Nicholas and Perrenelle..." he trailed off, clearly looking for a last name.

"Honestly Padfoot, how many couples are there that have both a Nicholas and a Perrenelle?" Remus asked, although his eyes sparkled with mischief.

"I mean, I only know of the Flamels. But Alex said that they had been invited by people they had been in contact with."

"Well, the Flamels are extremely talented, it was very interesting writing with them. Nick promised to keep in touch; our discussions are very informative," Alex said with a small smile.