34

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-June 20th, 1992-

{Sirius' POV}

He woke up with a pounding headache. He sat up from where he had slumped in his chair, twisting his body to relieve it of the soreness from the position he had been in. He shook his head, trying to clear it. Then he focussed on his surroundings. And was met with the weirdest sight.

A snake and two humans were having a conversation. At least, that's what he thought was happening. It was kind of hard to work out what was happening when he could only hear hissing and Moony's occasional input in English. It was definitely one of the weirder sights he had seen.

"Oh yes, I completely agree," Remus said.

"What do you agree with?" he asked, running his hand through his hair.

"Oh, your awake." Remus turned to look at him, as did Lexa, no Alex, and the snake. Alex hissed something and he shivered. He hadn't heard anyone speak Parseltongue before, but he was pretty sure that was what Alex was speaking in.

"Alex!" Remus reprimanded. Alex only shrugged.

"How long was I out?" he asked.

"Over an hour, nearly two. Do you know what happened?" Sirius felt the anger that had abated when he woke up come back full force. He growled slightly, channelling his inner dog.

"Dumbledore happened."

"Oh?" Remus raised an eyebrow. He sighed, unsure where to start with his explanation.

"That bastard erased all the memories I had of Lexa. He did the same thing for Lily and Prongs. He said it was for the greater good and that Lexa couldn't take any of the attention away from Harry," he growled. Remus growled and Alex released a string of words in a large range of languages. He recognised one of the words as French, but he got the gist of what they were saying from that one word alone.

"Alex. I may not be able to understand what you're saying anymore, but I can tell that your language isn't appropriate," Remus scolded them. Alex stuck their tongue out at Remus, hissing under their breath.

"I'm regretting allowing you to learn all those languages," Remus sighed.

"You didn't let me learn the languages though. You had no say in the matter." Remus sighed in response.

"Where did you learn that many languages pup?" he asked. Alex scowled at him.

"I'm not your pup, my name is Alex. I understand that it wasn't your choice to forget me, but I still don't forgive you. For more than just forgetting me." He racked his brains, trying to work out what else he had done. His mind was still a little fuzzy from the restored memories. Then it hit him.

"I'm so sorry for what I said Alex. I never used to think about trans people like that. I don't know what happened that made me change my thoughts about them." Alex didn't reply, simply crossing their arms and looking away. The snake that was sitting next to them slithered across the couch to lay on their lap.

"Alex. Please. At least try to be civil," Remus said. Alex shook their head.

"Sorry Remus. My emotions are getting the best of me. I'm going to explore the forest to get rid of the anger." They then turned to their snake, hissing something. They walked out of the room, the snake following them. He turned back to Remus.

"How did your memories come back?" Remus asked. He ran his hand through his hair before answering.

"When Alex introduced themselves. Mainly the parts about being my heir and being the child of Lily and James. And their birth name. I have no clue what Dumbledore was thinking when he erased our memories. How did you remember?"