28

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-March 25th, 1992-

{Alex's POV}

"Have a seat. The explanation may take a while," they offered. Their friends all sat down on various chairs around the room.

"So, I guess it all began on my seventh birthday. My godfather had offered to take me home with him. I had been neglected by James and Lily after the attack in 1981. It began with spending less time with me, until by the time I was four, they had forgotten about me completely. Even if you mentioned my name, they would draw a blank of who I was. So, when my godfather offered, I accepted. I had grown tired of living somewhere that I wasn't loved, or even noticed.

"The next day, we went to Gringotts to have my Godfather blood adopt me and take full guardianship of me. While taking the inheritance test, it was revealed that I had four titles other than my heirships. I was Master of Death, Life's Chosen, Fate's Favourite and Time's Blessed. With these titles, I gained another title, one that wasn't shown on the inheritance test. I am the Guardian of Magic. When they realised this, the goblins took me aside to show me a room. In the room, I was sent somewhere to train, to learn to control my powers and understand what being the Guardian of Magic meant.

"In the room, I was sent back in time. I appeared in 987, the time of the five Founders of Magic. The time of Merlin Emrys, Helga Hufflepuff, Salazar Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor and Rowena Ravenclaw. Merlin came and took me to the castle, where I spent ten years learning from all five of them. During the stay, I stayed in here, my private chambers. All of the private chambers remain, even if this is the only one that hasn't been occupied. I learnt many things taught at Hogwarts, and many things that aren't, whether because they were never part of the curriculum, or because they were removed over the years. Over the 10 years, I did my best to master everything they taught me, from healing to hand to hand to duelling," Alex explained. Their friends were listening in awe.

"Flame here didn't just try to master everything, they did master everything," Godric commented from the joint portrait next to Alex. Alex blushed slightly at the praise.

"Indeed. Snakling even managed to defeat Godric in a duel," Salazar added. Draco looked shocked at that.

"You beat Godric Gryffindor in a duel? He was the best dueller of the age, the best dueller that had been seen for almost 500 years," he exclaimed. Alex nodded, embarrassed.

"Anyway, after 10 years, it was time for me to go back to the present. Barely any time had passed while I had been with the Founders of Magic, so I would be going from a 17-year-old body, back into one of a 7-year-old. But all my magic and skills were transferred back into my body. My magic is fully matured, and I have access to all my power, though I keep it concealed within me most of the time. I had learnt so much with the Founders and they left all the unfinished research I conducted in a vault at Gringotts for me. The research was vital, as I had conducted it for the benefit of my guardian." Here, Helga cut in.

"You're forgetting something X. A specific birthday present maybe?" she said, hinting at the blood adoption. Alex simply shook their head.

"Sorry guys, that's something I want to keep private for a bit longer. My guardian doesn't even know."

"That's fine. Please, continue," Neville said.

"Well, back in the present, I continued researching and experimenting and creating. I kept practising all the skills and magics I had learnt. Because my wand was made before the ministry was founded, it didn't have the trace, and because my magic was matured, I wasn't legally required to have it placed on there. I was able to practice and keep expanding my magic. Once coming to Hogwarts at the beginning of this school year, I continued training in the same place that Godric trained me, while continuing my experiments in here.