16

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-September 2nd, 1991-

{Alex's POV}

Alex made their way through the corridors, taking secret passageways through the castle. It didn't take long for them to reach the fifth floor and make their way to the portrait that marked the entrance to their personal chambers.

"Hello again Alex. It's been a while," Merlin said.

"It has been. That's what happens when you get sent back to your original time, a thousand years in the future," Alex replied. Merlin had always been near the entrance to their room. Inside the corridor behind Merlin's portrait were four other portraits, Godric, Helga, Rowena and Salazar. They were all painted during Alex's first year with the Founders of Magic. They had all the memories of their original counterpart and would be able to keep teaching Alex, as well as answer any questions they had.

"Yes, that is true. Akira came by earlier and I let her inside. I don't think she stayed long though," he said. Alex nodded.

"Would I be able to enter? I would like to experiment in my labs." Merlin nodded and allowed his portrait to open, revealing the passageway behind it. They walked through, greeting the founders as they passed each portrait. They reached the stone wall at the end of the short passageway. They reached out, laying their hand in the middle of the wall. They allowed their magic to flare and the wall melted away, allowing Alex entrance to their room.

Inside was just as they remembered. A large bed in the corner, a window behind the head of the bed. A large bookshelf was opposite the end of the bed, filled with many books that the founders had given them, all the books they hadn't been able to fit in their trunk, plus ones added after they left. The other half of the room was bare, save for a large terrarium for Akira against the wall, but had three doors leading off from the far wall. One led to the bathroom, the middle one opening into a large closet. The third door was the one that Alex headed to.

It led to their potions lab. Their lab was fully stocked, curtesy of Salazar. There was room on the workbench for four cauldrons, allowing them to work on four different things at once. Opposite the ingredients stores was a desk. Alex moved to the desk, setting their research book down. They opened to the adapted calming draught recipe and grabbed a piece of parchment from the refilling draw.

The carefully copied down the instructions onto the sheet of parchment, making sure that their handwriting was clear and legible. After they finished, they set up a cauldron, intent on making another batch of the draught.

An hour later they had 10 phials of the potion stopped and loaded into their transporting case. It was a small pouch that was extended on the inside and changed size depending on what was inside, to ensure maximum security and safety of the potions. Alex had also placed the instructions inside the pouch. They went back to their desk, set to write two letters, one to Remus, the other to the Head Healer at St Mongos.

Remus,

I am missing you as well, although it is very nice to be back at Hogwarts. I was sorted into Ravenclaw, as we both expected. I found the reactions of the entire hall when my name was called slightly funny. Most people were still in shock when Harry was called, not even aware enough to register that the Boy-Who-Lived had come to Hogwarts.

I have already made a few friends. On the train I met Draco Malfoy and Neville Longbottom. We got along quite well and decided, before the sorting, that we would stay friends regardless of houses. I am glad we agreed on this, as Draco went to Slytherin while Neville became a Gryffindor.