27

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-January 24th, 1992-

{Alex's POV}

The next day, an owl that Alex hadn't seen before flew in during the morning post, landing in front of them. Alex untied the letter, glancing at the writing on the front. It was addressed to them, the writing clearly saying Heir Potter-Black. However, Alex didn't recognise the writing. They flared their magic slightly, not enough for anyone to notice, but enough so that their magic could detect any spells, curses or enchantments on the letter. Concluding that the letter was safe, they opened it.

Dear Alex Potter, Heir to the Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter and Black,

I apologise for such a late response to your original letter. I must admit, your letter took me and my wife by surprise. We are both in good health, thank you.

On the first topic of your letter, I must admit that I did not know what type of protection that Albus Dumbledore was planning on placing around the stone. Thank you for returning it to us. I agree with you that if you, a first year, are able to reach the stone without too much difficulty, then it is safer with us. And may I congratulate you on a marvellous invention that you used to ensure the safety of our stone while returning it to us.

Reaching your second reason of writing to us, I must say, your request had me stumped for a while. I do not believe that there is a way to duplicate the effects of the stone. The only option for gaining the properties of the stone would be to possess one of your own. I do not wish to give out the recipe, especially in a letter that anyone may see, but would be happy to meet with you some time during the summer to teach you how to make one. I do find myself confused on why you want it though. But that may simply be because I do not know what type of experiments you conduct.

If it suits you, I would like to invite you to stay with my wife and I for two weeks during the middle of July so that we can further discuss things.

Nicholas Flamel.

Alex read the letter over twice, before pocketing it. They hadn't expected the Flamels to reply, considering how long it had been. But they would definitely talk to Remus about staying with the Flamels.

"Who's the letter from?" Terry asked.

"Nicholas Flamel," they replied quietly, just loud enough for all their friends to hear.

"I would ask why he is writing to you, but I'm going to assume it has something to do with the situation we discussed prior to the holidays," Padma said. Alex nodded.

"He invited me to stay during the summer holidays so that we can discuss some of the things I mentioned in my original letter," they admitted. Their friends seemed a little shocked at that, before shrugging and turning back to their breakfasts.

"I would say I'm surprised, but I've learnt not to question some of the things you do," Michael commented. The others all laughed.

-March 25th, 1992-

It was two months since Alex had started to teach their friends Occlumency, and they were confident that they all had gotten the hang of it. Draco's walls had become strong and solid, the memories hidden within not able to be seen, the wards surrounding the manor at full strength. The potholes around Blaise's meadow had grown in number and the shadows hiding his thoughts and memories in the cave had thickened even more, hiding everything from view.

Padma's house had become full of booby traps and the walls had stopped flickering. Her memories and important thoughts were all hidden around the room she shared with her twin, while all the other rooms were full of pranks and other defences. Mandy's forest was thick from the very start, the animals all extremely determined about stopping intruders entering the trees.