25

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-January 11th, 1992-

{Alex's POV}

"Well, I have been doing independent research. I've been doing many different projects, including potions and spell crafting. I'm not really comfortable telling you exactly what it is that I've been doing, or where I'm doing it. Not until you guys have gotten the hang of Occlumency. They're secrets that I really don't want public.

"On the subject of Occlumency, I can begin teaching you next weekend. That should give you enough time to read the book that I gave to Terry. Or at least get a summary," they said. Their group of friends all nodded, agreeing to that.

"I've nearly finished the book. It is very informative," Terry said. Alex agreed with that. The book wasn't more than 250 pages, but it was full of the important information.

"Can I read it next?" Lisa asked. Terry nodded and soon they had a schedule of who would have the book when. Terry would have it first, then give it to after he had had it for two days Lisa. Lisa would hold on to it for three days, as she was a slower reader. Michael would get it next, taking two days to read it, before passing it onto Mandy. Mandy would have it for another two days, before passing it to Anthony. Anthony would have it for two days before giving it to Padma, who would have it until the weekend lesson with Alex.

The next day, Professor McGonagall held Alex back after class.

"Mx Potter, I was hoping to talk to you about your scores in Transfiguration this year. You have achieved some of the highest scores I have ever seen, and your practical work is something to be admired. I was wondering if you would like to begin a Transfiguration Mastery and become my apprentice?" the professor said after everyone else had left the room.

"Thank you for the offer Professor, but I'm going to have to decline. Like I told Professor Snape, I don't see the point in completing something for a second time. Thank you for the complements though. Now, I must be getting to my next class," they said. They left the room, quickly making their way to History of Magic. They still had one or two minutes before the bell, and they had experience getting around the castle quickly.

They reached the History of Magic classroom just in time, slipping into their seat as the bell rang. Binns started droning on about goblin wars again and Alex's friend leaned in.

"What did Professor McGonagall want?" Padma asked.

"Same as Professor Snape. To offer me an apprenticeship," they replied. Mandy, Lisa, Anthony and Michael all looked surprised at that. They weren't in the large group of friends across multiple houses, so hadn't heard the news of Professor Snape offering them and apprenticeship.

"Professor Snape offered you an apprenticeship?" Anthony asked.

"Professor McGonagall offered you an apprenticeship?" Michael asked at the same time.

"You've been offered two apprenticeships?" Lisa asked, her face showing awe.

"What did you say?" Mandy asked.

"Yes, I was offered an apprenticeship by both Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall. And I told Professor McGonagall the same thing I told Professor Snape," they replied.

"You declined," Terry said, extremely confused by their friends actions.

"Yeah. I'll explain more after I teach you guys Occlumency. Like I said before, I don't want others finding out this information without my consent," they said. Their friends all nodded, voicing that they understood and would work hard on their Occlumency. With that said, they all pulled out various history books, self-studying like they did every history lesson.