20

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

-December 21st, 1991-

{Remus' POV}

Remus walked through the glass, stepping into the clean waiting room of St Mongos. He made his way to the end of the line in front of the receptionist. The line moved slowly, and he finally reached the front of the line. He smiled at the witch behind the desk.

"Hello, I have an appointment with the Head Healer. It's booked under Lupin." The witch nodded.

"Her office is on the 5th floor, first door on the right from the tea room. It should be labelled." Remus thanked her before heading to the stairs. He walked up, carefully counting the floors as he passed them. He passed the fourth floor, feeling a pang of guilt for Frank and Alice, who had been residents on this floor for 10 years now. He shook his head and continued up. Maybe he would visit them on his way out.

He reached the fifth floor and walked down the corridor, following the signs to the tea room. It didn't take him long to find the office he was looking for. The sign on the door stated that it was the office of Head Healer Mary Eildur. He knocked and entered the room.

"Mr Lupin, good to see you. You said that Alex has created something else for the hospital?"

"Thank you for seeing me Healer Eildur. Yes, Alex presented this pouch to me yesterday. It has the instructions for what the new potion should do and how it should be taken. They didn't tell me what is should do however, they did say that it was made to aid two of your long-term patients. "

Remus pulled the pouch out of a pocket, handing it over to the Head Healer. She took the pouch, pulling out the two phials in there. She held the phials up in front of her, examining the contents. The potion was a pale sky blue and seemed to shimmer slightly. She then pulled the instructions out of the bag, placing the phials carefully inside. Remus watched her eyes grow wider and wider as she read the sheet of paper. She placed the instructions back in the bag before looking at Remus again.

"If Alex is right and this works, they are going to be extremely famous. Even if people don't know it was them, people will want to celebrate this achievement. If it works, they will have created a cure for two people that most have given up on." Remus could clearly hear the awe in her voice as she spoke, and he smiled. He was proud of what his godchild had achieved.

"May I ask what they have created?"

"They believe they created a cure that will heal the mind. They believe it will cure the Longbottom's." Remus eyes widened at that. Alex thought they could heal Frank and Alice. So many people had given up on them ever recovering. He knew that Alex was friends with Neville and probably simply wanted to give him his parents back. They probably hadn't realised what it would do to the wizarding world.

"That is truly an accomplishment. Another thing that I believe you should become aware of is that Alex basically cured me of my lycanthropy four years ago. I have been pushing for them to make this discovery public, but they keep resisting my insistence. I was wondering if you would be willing to talk to them about making this discovery known. I believe they wanted to stay out of the spotlight, but if this potion will place the spotlight on them, then they may as well have all their accomplishments acknowledged." The Head Healer stared at him for a short while before snapping out of her shock.

"I'm sorry, I believe you just said that Alex basically cured your lycanthropy. Four years ago. When they were seven."

"Yes, that's exactly what I said. I am still forced to become a wolf every full moon, but it isn't painful, and I keep my mind completely while a wolf. The wolf inside me basically became like an animagus form. I am able to become a wolf anytime at will, except for during new moons. Instead of always being at war with my wolf, we co-exist peacefully now," Remus explained.