17

*Gobbledygook*

$Parseltongue$

{Alex's POV}

-Halloween, 1991-

The two months of classes had flown by. Alex was top of their class in everything and wasn't afraid to demonstrate their knowledge. Within the first week, they had become the favourite student of many of the staff, even Professor Snape. They had remained friends with Draco and Neville and they did homework together every Saturday, as well as partnering in classes they had together. No one had commented about Neville, a Gryffindor, and Draco, a Slytherin, being friends, which Alex was thankful for.

They had also taken to visiting Celestine in the chamber once a week. Celestine had been sleeping for a long time after Sal had died but had been woken up 50 years ago and forced to do the bidding of the last of Sal's line. She had hated it. Alex enjoyed the talks they had, and they knew that Akira enjoyed being around her mother again.

Today was Samhain, or Halloween. They had planned to do their usual Samhain ritual while everyone was at the feast; they would have a house elf bring them some food.

They headed down to the chamber at 5 o'clock. They had excused themselves from their friends, saying they were going to the library to do some independent studying. Their friends didn't question it, they had done that a lot. By 5:30, they were down in the chamber, everything for the ritual ready to go. The runes were drawn on the ground, the offerings for the ancestors past that they would try to contact. Akira was with Celestine, in another part of the chamber, as Akira didn't enjoy the ritual. Soon, Alex sat down at the tip of the triangle, many runes spread out below them. They had already placed the power stones at the other corners of the triangle and the offerings were in the centre. They were ready to start.

They pushed their power out of them, channelling their magic into the power stones. Soon, four images of people they knew very well appeared in the middle of the circle, their forms solidifying as much as one of a ghost could.

"It's good to see you again X. And I must congratulate you on being able to contact all four of us," Helga said from where she floated just off the ground.

"Yes, it is quite an impressive feat, especially considering you have only been able to contact two of us at a time before," Rowena agreed.

"Hogwarts probably helped." Alex shrugged, standing up from the place they had been sitting and moving towards their four mentors.

"That probably did assist in powering the ritual," Godric said. Salazar, meanwhile, was studying the surroundings.

"Are you in my chamber Snakling?" Sal asked.

"Yeah. I figured it would be a good place to perform the ritual and make sure I'm not interrupted. I've been coming down once a week as well to have conversations with Celestine."

"Your chamber Sal? I don't believe that this is your personal chambers," Helga commented.

"No, it's not my personal chamber. However, it is my chamber and Celestine lives down here."

"Ok, we are going to be having a conversation about this later Sal," Godric said.

"Later though. You said you are at Hogwarts Al?" At Alexs nod, Rowena continued. "Well, what house are you in?" Alex twirled around, letting their robes swirl around them, the blue trim standing out against the black.

"Yours."

"I so thought you'd be in Slytherin," Godric said and Sal laughed.

"No, Alex would definitely be in Ravenclaw. They are very smart, if you had forgotten," Sal replied.