Chapter 43

Lucy's POV

I got to talk to the others, telling them I'm sorry for putting them through all of this. I was only thinking about myself, and I wasn't thinking about the others around me.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered, shaking my head.

They immediately objected. Only because I was here in this position.. If I wasn't, everyone would be quite mad at me, and nothing would've changed.

I did really love Liam.. But I don't know if I should trust him or not as of now.

I honestly can't tell what is right or wrong.

"None of this was your fault." Ashley shook her head.

"That isn't true.. It was all my fault." I assumed with a loud sigh.

"Lucy.." Moe shook her head as she whispered.

I didn't even know what to think anymore.. So many of my friends were counting on me, thinking that I would still survive this..

How could I tell them, that I wouldn't? And that they'd be really better off without me? They really would.. 

I sighed, but it came out more muffled because of the stupid mask I was wearing.

"Please stop crying guys.." I mumbled, now shaking my head, mimicking Moe's action.

"How can we not cry.." Ashley blubbered.

"I love you guys. All of you, really." I nod.

"We do to." They said in unison. But.. How could I even do this?

"Stay strong Luc, stay strong." Alyssa whispered, tears streaming down her face.

I nod once giving them a reassuring smile.

"I'll be fine. I promise." My voice shook of unsureness.

Liam glared at me sadly as I sighed looking away. I couldn't stand any of this.. If I tried to kill myself, why was it so hard to leave right now? 

Liam. Liam was the reason. He always was the reason..

He was the answer to everything for me. But now that he admitted his undying love for me? I think this is some really bad Romeo and Juliet moment as of now..

***************

A FEW HOURS LATER

One thing is, that I feel as if the earth under my feet is sinking slowly. My breath started getting a bit uneven in the past few hours, but I didn't really tell anyone.

The guys and the girls decided on getting some close eye, but Liam still stood by my side.

"Li, I think you need to go get some rest really." I say softly, nodding my head.

"No. I'm not leaving you, Lucy." He says sternly, which only made me feel even more guilty.

I was feeling guilty, because since he wasn't the one who was gonna leave me, I was guessing I would be the one to pretty soon.

My life couldn't hold on for much long, but.. I guess I had to let go like I've always wanted to.

Why did my life have to be like this? I thought the boy I loved would never love me back, and so I attempted another suicide. But after I find myself in a hospital, nearly dead, that's when I find out Liam Payne really does love me.. What kind of life is this?