Chapter 44

Lucy's POV

All I was hearing was blah blah blah from the doctor. I think he was just saying stuff about me recovering soon, and that I shouldn't smoke and that it is bad for my lungs.

'Yeah, yeah. Just get me out of this hell hole please!' I thought to myself.

"And well I hope you love this boy back because he stayed up for over six hours to see you alive." The doctor said, and it was the only thing I actually listened to.

I turned to Liam as the girls grinned creepily, nodding their heads.

I glared at the other four boys who had seemed to be doing the same thing as I smiled, turning to Liam.

"Oh, we'll leave you two alone." Ashley winked in my direction cheekily.

"Make babies, alright?" Jessica says formally which did NOT help and just made me turn red in the face.

"Probably will." Liam played along as Jessica smirked shaking her head and leaving the room.

Okay, now it's time to be serious.

I smiled at him timidly as he smiled back.

Was this as far as we could go? Just smiling at each other like idiots, when I'm here alive for the boy that just technically killed me?

"I'm sorry." He apologized again as he sat next to the hospital bed.

"It's okay. I forgive you. You didn't do anything wrong." I shook my head.

"Yes I did Luc. I almost made you kill yourself again."

"That doesn't make you a bad person, there's a lot of things that has made me want to kill myself before. Take my parents for instance."

"I don't even know how you can call them your parents."

"I know." I nodded.

"Have you.. Found out if you were actually their real daughter?"

How come I've never thought of that before? How could I have not realized any of this?

"Oh.. I-I don't know." I bit my lip.

Maybe.. Maybe Liam could've been right as he brought the topic up.

Could they even be my real parents?

Silence filled the room, as he glares at me sadly.

"Let's just forget about it. You're alive, and that's all that I need." He smiles weakly.

A knock came at the door. "I don't hear any baby making!" Jessica shouts teasingly.

"Shut up Jess!" I whined, burying my face in my hands as Liam laughed.

The others outside were laughing to as I rolled my eyes.

I stifled a laugh, shaking my head and well me and Liam finally got a hold of ourselves.

"I meant what I said, when I said I love you Luc." He brought it up.

I guess it was the time to let all my feelings out.

"I know." I smiled as I nodded once.

"And I really do love you to Liam." I said.

"Oh god, you have no idea how happy I am right now." He breathed out.

"Me to." I sqeaked before he leaned in furiously and I caressed a hand on his jawline.

It's official. Wait.. Not really yet.