10 | Asylum

A/n: Hey guys!
So, I made some changes in the last chapter so it can match up the storyline I'm thinking of. I will put the changed part here, though. Enjoy reading!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

"That boy... He has such powerful abilities. Why he couldn't sense his own father, I have no idea."

"Mary's spirit... Do you really think she saved the boys?"

"I do-"

"And Y/n Y/l/n was with them... Why does that name sound so familiar?"

"John Winchester, I could just slap you. Why don't you go and talk to your children?"

"I want to. You have no idea how much I wanna see 'em. But I can't. Not yet. Not until I know the truth."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

"No, Dad was in California when we last heard from him," Sam sighs. "We thought if he came to you for munitions, maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks... Just call us if you hear anything. Thanks."

"Caleb hasn't heard from him?"

"Who's Caleb?" You interrupt their conversation. Hey, if they allowed you to tag along (not that they had a choice), they had to explain some stuff to you. You did remember seeing the name in their dad's journal.

"He's another hunter. Our dad's friend."

"Nope," Sam answers Dean's question. "Neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal? Any leads there?"

Dean shakes his head and you scoff. "Why is your dad keeping things so..." you search for a word. "Hush-hush?"

Dean raises his eyebrows and Sam gives you a small smile. 

"We don't know," Dean says and you sigh.

"Maybe we should call the Feds. File a missing person's."

"Dad'll be pissed if we put the Feds on his tail," Dean says.

"Yeah, and Feds don't do missing persons," you say, curtly.

Sam just sighs and puts his head in his hands. Whatever he did, whenever he did it, you always had the urge to take a picture. Such perfection.

You blush at your thought. But what was the use in denying it? He was sheer perfection and you weren't. Another reason that led you to believe that he could never have feelings for you.

"Don't say that!" Dean speaks loudly and snaps you out of your reverie. The ringing of a phone echoes in the room. "He's not dead. He's- he's-"

"He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?"

Dean takes out his phone and snaps it open. He lightly chuckles. "I don't believe it."

"What?" You sit up straighter in the motel couch and chew on your lip. It was a habit you had developed in the past week because of all the excessive thinking and whatnot.

Last week, a few days after leaving the boys' old home, you had called your mom. You knew that you couldn't leave the boys now and you couldn't tell your mom you were a monster hunter. So you continued with your excuse of Sam having the flu. She sounded wary of it but she believed it; surprisingly. She was a lawyer and she bought a secret. You must be really good at lying to fool your mom.