Pie!

"Where are you now?"

"At a strip club."

"What?!" You shout into the phone. You look around and give an apologetic smile to the store's shopkeeper and other shoppers.

"I'm just kidding! We're at a bar," Dean replies and you sigh.

It was the second of May and while Dean kept Sam distracted, you were decorating your crappy motel room. It was tough to convince Sam to leave with Dean; he insisted that you joined them but you said that you had really bad cramps and wanted to rest.

When he kept on insisting because he didn't understand, you used the 'you're not a woman so you wouldn't understand' card on him. He finally understood and started blushing. Dean practically dragged him out while you tried your best to act as if to be in immense pain.

And now, you were in a small store two blocks away from the motel trying to buy a cake and pie.

"I don't get why we're doing this," Dean continues.

"What do you mean? It's Sam's birthday," you ask.

"Yeah, but taking him to a bar is enough."

"Maybe for you Dean Winchester. I, on the other hand, am doing something for him."

You hear Dean sigh on the other end and smile to yourself.

"When are you going to be done?"

"Give me another hour," you purse your lips and drop the apple pie in your basket. You pick a small chocolate cake and a few candles. As you leave, you also grab a shiny banner with the words 'Happy Birthday' written on them.

You got the items billed and left the store. The slightly hot air rushed over you as the store's doorbell chimed when you exited. You made your way to the motel room looking down occasionally at your watch.

After 15 minutes of setting up the room with the cake on the table with the candles and the banner hanging on the wall, you waited for the boys to arrive.

~~

'We're five minutes away.'

You read the text and get up from the soft bed of the motel room. You were surprised at how comfortable it was and you wanted to sleep on it so bad.

You press out all the wrinkles in your red flannel shirt that you wore over a blacktop. Seeing that everything was in its place, you make your way to the room's light switch and switch off the lights.

You and Jessica always did the whole surprise element to the party. So, you decided to continue the tradition.

The lock on the door clicked and you took a deep breath. You heard Sam giggling and Dean chuckling and you smiled to yourself.

They were so drunk.

You switch on the lights and yell 'surprise'.

The look on Sam's face was priceless!

His eyes were closed and he looks part scared and part confused. Dean was surprised for a second before he looked at Sam with a smile for his expression.

You make your way to the cake as Dean shuts the door. Sam walks cautiously towards you.

"Y/n? What's all this?" His words were slurred together and you laugh.

"Happy birthday, Sam," you say and hug him. His arms go lazily around you. You hug him tight.

"Y/n. I love you." Dean's voice cracks a bit with emotion.