22 | Devil's Trap

A/n: Ayyyy! Final chapter! I can't believe it. I want to thank all the supporters of this book for your votes and your reads.

I would love to hear from you guys!

When I write something so sad, I have to hold my chest to stop my heart from sinking. And that happened here. So proceed with caution.

Y/h/c- your hair colour

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We looked at each other a little too long to be 'just friends'.

Sam's P.O.V.

The youngest Winchester calms his nerves down. Standing out of Bobby Singer's house with a dog barking crazily at them, the last couple of days race through his mind.

In the last few days, a lot had happened. But his talks with Y/n had been the one thing keeping him sane.

They had landed up in Salvation when Sam had a vision of yellow eyes killing a mother there. To save another family from falling down the same rabbit hole they did, they raced to their rescue.

When that demon bitch called with Caleb on the line, Sam had felt his heart still in his chest. He had felt as if his whole body was shutting down. But when he realized that Meg hadn't mentioned your name, he immediately reached for his phone, pacing the room as the phone rang.

Sam couldn't help shouting into the phone as panic fuelled what he did. Dean asked him for the phone when John narrowed his eyes at Sam.

Sam gave the phone reluctantly, biting his nails as he listened to Dean instructing Y/n to get out of the house. When Dean's eyes widened, Sam's did too.

His heart started to race.

"Y/n?" Dean asked into the phone.

"What happened?" Sam remembers asking, shouting nearly. "What happened?!"

"She's not answering," Dean said with wide eyes, lifting them to meet Sam's equally widened eyes.

Sam snatched the phone from his brother, frantically calling out her name, pacing the room and ignoring the looks John was giving him.

Finally, she answered and Sam felt a weight being lifted off his chest.

"Send her to Bobby's," Dean said. "Sioux Falls."

Sam nodded and instructed her to go there.

After hanging up, Sam swore and punched the wall, thinking how Y/n could've died. Because of him.

Dean and John had to wrench him away from the wall with a dent in it and calm him down. Sam ignored his bleeding knuckles and was ready to kill that son of a bitch, no excitement, no happiness, just pure rage, and anger. Anger that he killed his mom and Jess. Anger that one of his servants almost killed Y/n. He was done with chasing the demon around. He was going to finish killing yellow eyes that night.

John held up his side of the bargain proposed by Meg; Colt for John's friends. She told him to meet him in Lincoln when she abruptly cut the call, possibly to talk to Y/n. John bought a vintage gun to make it look like the Colt while his sons would take the real one to kill yellow eyes.

They were so close to killing yellow eyes in the house in Salvation. So close yet Sam would have to go into a burning house to kill the S.O.B. Dean had stopped him saying: "It's suicide! Think about Y/n!"

Somehow thinking of Y/n had calmed him down slightly. His rage still bubbled over as he thought of how close he was. Sam Winchester hated losing.

Meg had called then, saying that John was with her and she had found out that the Colt was fake.