Scars

Many people are proud of their scars, proof of the tough times they've lived through.

But you weren't.

The skin around the long cut was slightly burned. It was smooth but deformed and red in some places. It was like the skin was piled over itself over and over again. The cut itself extended from the bottom of your breast to your hip. It was long and disgusting.

That's why your swimming suits always covered your left side. You always made sure not to show it.

There was nothing to be proud of, was there? The car accident your family had been in. The accident your older brother died in.

His name was Y/b/n.

You guys argued, like regular siblings. Over your stuff, over who would do the chores of the house.

You couldn't remember anything that happened during the incident.

You just remembered waking up on a hospital bed, a piercing pain going through your side and your head throbbing. Your mom was sitting next to you, tears in her eyes and relief flooding her face when she saw you awake.

Your throat was parched. You tried speaking but all that came was a hoarse whisper.

Your mom brought the glass of water to your mouth and you drank. Drank like it had been days since you had tasted the sweet precious drink.

Your mom had a small bruise on her forehead. A tear slid down her cheek as she asked you questions. About what you remembered. Or what you were doing.

You and your family were going to the museum when the truck hit you guys.

"Y/b/n... He didn't make it."

When your mom said those words, you felt your body tighten.

No...

It had been days after the hospital had discharged you. It had been weeks since you had spoken to your parents except for the occasional 'good mornings' and 'good nights'.

You had always taken him for granted. Always joked about how much fun you would have when he would go to college. How would you feel when you had two rooms for yourself.

But you didn't have the heart to go into his room. Didn't have the courage.

There was a hole in your heart. Half of the time, you expected him to barge into your room and flop down on your bed despite your protests. He would eat on your bed and drop crumbs everywhere.

After the accident, your family moved to a new place. A bigger house. An emptier one. Empty like you.

Your parents were worried. Everything that had happened left a toll on you. Your dad even considered sending you to a therapist but your mom didn't. She knew you needed time.

Time healed everything. Even if it would take months, years even.

With what your parents lost, they too would need time.

They just didn't want to lose you too.

You stare at the scar.

No, you weren't proud of it.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/n: Hey guys!

Short chapter here. Just a back story to the scar.

Y/b/n is Your Brother's Name.

If you don't have a brother, assume your cousin brother's name maybe?

Anyways, have an amazing day!!

XOXOXO