19 | Provenance • Pt. 2

Part 2

I CAN'T HELP BUT FALL MORE IN LOVE WITH YOU EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY
BECAUSE IT'S SO HARD TO KEEP MY MIND OFF YOU
AND IT'S EVEN HARDER TO KEEP MY HEART FROM LOVING YOU.

"Oh. My. God," you say since full sentences seemed to have failed you.

You look down at your fake ID. And not just any fake ID. Not the kinds that you used for underaged drinking or driving.

The one that made you a federal agent. The one that could make you do anything.

You wipe away a fake tear as you look at the perfection. It was leather-bound and even had the cool badge that was stuck onto the ID. It was plastic, but still.

It held unimaginable POWER!

"Woah, Y/n, chill," Dean says with a chuckle when he notices you wiping a tear.

"Dean! You don't get it," you say. "With this," you put the badge up. "I can do anything."

Dean chuckles nervously at your newly developed obsession with your fake badge. "Uh, you can't do anything."

"Sure, I can," you shrug. "I'm the police," you say in a deep voice as you take your sunglasses out and wear them.

You nod with a chuckle and turn to Dean who was walking beside you. "What do you think?"

Dean looks at you with mild disgust. "Oh God. You're embarrassing me," he shakes his head as you chuckle. "You're indoors. Remove those glasses," he whisper-shouts as he looks around.

You take the glasses off and tuck them into your bag. "Gee, calm down."

Dean snorts slightly as he looks at you again. "You are such a clown sometimes."

"Oh, not a clown. Clowns are creepy."

"Seriously?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah. People who find clowns funny are psychotic. I mean, have you read Stephen King's 'It'?"

"God, you and Sam are literally the same," Dean sighs.

You stiffen a bit at the mention of Sam's name but brush it off.

After you had made that little joke the previous day, you went back to the motel only to be greeted with the news that the painting was somehow back on its frame.

Sam then contacted Sarah as you and Dean tried figuring out how to stop the ghost. The ghost was a man named Isaiah Merchant who killed his family; his wife and children.

And since it had only six months since you started hunting things, you just say there and gave suggestions that, honestly, made no sense.

You guys then rushed to an old rich lady's house. Her name was Evelyn. Turns out she bought that ugly excuse of a painting. It was already dark and all the people who purchased the painting died within the first night of purchasing it.

When you guys reached there, Sarah arrived too and rushed into the house with the three of you.

Evelyn sat motionless on her chair, her white wispy hair becoming orange in the light coming from the fireplace. She was facing the opposite direction. Sarah touched the old woman's shoulder and the woman's head fell to the side. Detached from her body.