2

Kaz

" Lights Out "  The CO called out to the guards in the security room that ran solitary confinement. Sweat drenched down my face as I laid on this hard as bunk in this hot ass room. I have been back & forth to this bitch for the past two years. Everybody knew me, & I knew them.

Being in here made me mad, mad the fucking world. Them first couple of months was ight. but as time went on this being locked up shit took a toll on a nigga. I ain't got no family and I damn sure dont feel like I got a wife. She has been dodging visitation so hell I dodge them damn meetings.

Shits, cool though I been keeping myself busy. In more ways than one. Got inmates on my payroll and CO's on my leash. So shit been going ight for me for now.

" Yo Kaz " the scrawny guard that controls the security room was at my block. It was dark but i knew he was looking in the small square. He goes by Ramone. He was one of my " guys ". I threw my feet on the cold concrete floor and sat up. " What nigga? "

" You got some of that on you right now?" He whispered.

I dug into my sock and pulled out a pill. A concoction I made myself. Coke and Crack broken down then put together in a capsule. " Yeah I got it, you got my list?"

I heard shuffling from the other side of the door " Y-yeah, I could in trouble for this - "

" Nigga you can get in trouble or yo ass can get high. As much as you fight this shit you go come back for it. So do yo bitch ass wanna do this the easy way or the hard way? "

Not a moment later a letter fell to the floor from the other side. " Thought so " I stood up then walked to get the envelope. Keeping up my end of the deal I placed the pill in the slot. Ramone didn't say a word as he snatched the pill and left.

As much as he tries to fight me with every swop we make. He knows he needs what I have. Crack by itself self it's strong enough but with Coke in it as well is a whole nother breed, I should know being that I take it from time to time. Shits strong. It makes me forget about everyone for a while. and I need that every couple of days.

I made my way back to the bed, then sat down. this envelope contains a list of everyone in the little ring I was running. I folded it neatly and hid it in my sock. My fingers brushed against a pill that i didn't know I had. My body craved for it. Before I knew it the pill was in my hand.

It was always a constant battle between right & wrong. Or needs & wants. Cause I knew it was wrong, and I also know i dont need it as well. " Fuck!" I screamed out. My voice echo bounced off the old rotted walls just to fucking hunt me.

My heart rate picked up dramatically. The sweat that once coated my skin now feels like Ice water running along my veins. My head pounded as I tried to think.

Every time I go a day or two without one I tend to lose my damn mind. With a shaky hand, I broke the pill into my palm. The white powder broke free from its boundaries. With my left hand, I empty each little piece out so I could finally get some control.

I place a finger on my nostril and sniffed into my hand hard making sure to get it all inside of my. " Ssssss ". I threw my head back & breathed. With in the next 2 minutes, my heart stops beating so quickly. My body wasn't cold.

A sensation of what felt like calmness swept over me. I laid back down on the thin mattress..and let it take over me.

The sound of the door opening brought me out of my sleep. I covered my eyes with my arm to block out the light. I didn't know whether it was morning or what. but quite frankly ion give a damn. " leave me the fuck alone".

" That's the way you talk to me now?" a female said.

" P? " I said sitting up.

" Who the fuck is that?' She said with a attitude,

Shit, This was Neena's aggravating ass. She one of the CO's that was on my roll. Thing is she didn't wanna get involved unless I slept with her.

So I did. It wasn't the best cooch I have had but shit it was a way for me to make connections being that she is over the CO dept. The terms were to have sex whenever I need a favor. My ass was playing a dangerous game. but shit what's done is done. I needed her on my side. Call it a business move. A nigga felt guilty knowing I had a wife at home waiting on me. Which was another reason why I couldn't face P if she came to see me. Guilt is eating me the fuck up. & ion know how to handle that shit.

" What Neena? "

She double-checks to make sure no one was a around " I missed you, baby When you go need something again. "

" you got shit twisted ma. ion want shit to do with ya ass in that way. and ill let ya know when I need some. Do me a favor and gone head & get out fo me. "
I tossed back over.

She scoffed " Youn get to fuck me and think you ain't with me Kaz.I'm helping you so help me?"

" Help with you with what Neena. you getting dick so what the fuck else can I do. ?"

" I want it when I want it, not when you want something. & I want it right now. "

Is this bitch serious? " Bitch be gone man I'm not in the mood for ya games & shit"

" This ain't game you either work with me on my terms or - "

" Or fucking what Neena! " I yelled. 

" Or imma tell your little pretty wife that's all on TV & shit," she said with a smile in a voice.

" Ion take to kindly to threats ma. DO what you feel like you needa do. Cause ion give a flying fuck " 

She smacked her teeth " say less"

The door closed back leaving me in the darkroom. Neena getting outta pocket. She thinks she go be able to reach P. Hell, she might do. I gotta get outta confinement and to that meeting. I'll be damn if I let a skank ruin my shit.