20

( Khali )

Kaysia

" Wait? what! how come? " I finally said after a momentary relapse.

" We caught him slipping. Even though Kaz wanted him I got to him first cause lets face it Kaz done fell off since getting out. Like all the way off. " He explained while shoving his hands in his suit pockets.

I can agree, Kaz has fallen off but what exactly are we going to do with him. I still never seen the man a day in my life. When I had guys look for him I just gave him a name & social security number then let them handle it. " OK so what are we going to do with him? "

" See, that is up to you. You spent years looking for him so I just finished the job even though you gave up doin it "

Well, I don't know what the hell to do. The original plan was to give him away to Kaz. Which is exactly what I may do still. It meant a lot a few months ago but now I can care less. The charges are dropped. He out for good. We damn near divorced so I no longer had the desire for this shit. at all. " Take me to him "

He leads me out of his office down long halls with a lot of turns. We soon came to the section of the house I have never been to. The door was guarded by two dudes. Vice nodded his head then they let us through. The room was cement floors and cement walls. If I know vice like I think I do they also soundproofed the room so what happens in here stays in here. The lights where dim. In the center of the space a man sat there tied up, His head hung low.

I cleared my throat getting back into my mode. " Hey, excuse me " I snapped my fingers. Khali stirred around then sat up. My mouth dropped in shock.

I know him

I have seen him somewhere before.

" Well , well well. If it isn't mrs. My man will fuck you up if he was here " He teased.

Then it hit me. Years ago I had stopped for gas and something to drink if im not mistaken. He the one who helped me get my soda. Then tried to talk to me but I brought up my husband hoping he would back off but he wouldn't. " So you the cousin who left Kaz to take a charge. "

" Yeah and so ? " He spits on the floor, then looked me in my eyes. He looked more mature now. I can see the resemblance between him and kaz.

" You good at hiding. Took a long time to catch you " I licked my lips. then walked over to him then squatted . " Lucky for you I no longer want you anymore. But the bad thing is Kaz does. "

He smacked his teeth. " Man fuck that nigga " he looked away from me becoming annoyed. " The fuck you wanted me for anyways. I don't know you and how the fuck you know my cousin "

He still aint caught on yet. " Kaz was my husband at the time you set him up, and that time we met. He was the nigga I was going call to fuck you up " I stood back up then walked to the wall then leaned back on it. He sat there thinking for minute.

" Oh, shit. " he laughed " Man I told that nigga about the run it at the store with you. Hell I aint know you were the wife. " he was actually calm in this situation overall. No ounce of fear.

" Yeah, me and you together on the fuck him part. but still, he will be here to get you soon so I hope you enjoyed your last few years of freedom, goodbye " I blew him a kiss sarcastically then headed out the room. Then and only then did he show some emotion. But who am I to let him go. He is the last part of this whole shit with kaz. Now im officially done.

I gave the dudes instructions to call kaz let him know that they had him. After that I left Vice house to head back home. Now here I was sitting at a stop light an incoming call showed on my Bluetooth radio. " Answer "

" H-hello? " a voice said on the other end.

" Hello, who is this? " I spoke with volume so I could sure that they could hear me.

" U-um this is Chad, U-uh the guy from the newspaper office"

My mind went back to the guy that was behind the desk, he had looked liked he was crying but wouldn't tell me what was wrong. " Yeah I remember, you okay? "

" Actually no im not is there anyway you can come to the office. I have no one else to call on " He sounded tired. worried. I told him ill be there then changed my gps. I made it there 15 minutes later. The lot was empty. I grabbed my purse and my mini gun out of the glove compartment just for safety.

I watched my surroundings until I got to the door. I opened it as the bell ringed. Chad sat up then straightened his shirt.

" Hey. " I said walking up to the desk.

" Hey " he whispered.

" Okay you needed to talk? Im here so whats going on.? " I asked sitting my purse on the counter.

He began explaining who he was. Where he was from. Little things like that. I don't know this kid but me being here what was important to him right now. As he went on telling me about himself , his story took a dark turn. He just turned 18 the day I met him. and on that day he was molested and raped by his stepfather..