33

Kaysia

Tonight was one of those nights were me and my boo decide to stay in and chill with each other. Like we use to do before we made it official. Movies , snacks , great vibes. I tossed a popcorn at him. Then he nudged me to the side. " Can I ask you something baby? " He said getting serious.

I sat up so he could have my full attention. " Yeah , sure "

" Its about Kaz, are you cool with that? "

I was really curious now cause , he never really brought his name up in a serious matter.

" So, he never signed for it to be nulled. It got voided on its own. How do you feel about that, cause I know you wanted to do it the right way. Like you have with everything else.." He asked out of genuine concern. I know it wasn't to be nosey. or Childish in a way. He was a very confident man so I know it doesn't turn him sour asking me this.

" Um, yeah . I do kinda feel bad that it ended that way. Have I wondered why he didn't sign? Yeah for a moment but I got what I wanted so why question it.. You know? "

He nodded his head in understanding. " Well as far as i know dad said he talked to him. But he said he haven't seen him since that day so. . "

" Well I - "

Knock

Knock

knock

Knock

" Who the fuck banging at my door. " Marcell said getting out the bed. I hopped out right after him to see who it was myself. Its 10:30 at night.

He snatched open the door to see vice there with a pained look on his face. " Whats wrong pops? "

He looked at marcell then looked at me. " Kaz is dead"

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

..

..

.

.

.

A few days later.

All I could do as I walked into his funeral alone was wonder where the hell he went wrong in life. All these what if's? If he wouldn't have went to prison , would he be here. Would be more focused in life? As my momma always told my boy cousins " The system don't love nobody, Its only to make you fail. "

Her words rang in my head as everyone stood and turned to me.

Flashback

" Kaz is dead " is all i heard over and over as vice grabbed my hand and lead me out the door with marcell right behind me. The whole drive there the car was filled with silence. We were just talking about this man. and now he is dead? How? What? When? Why?

The hospital stunk of alcohol. The last time I was here because of him passing out over drugs and now he is really gone. . Vice led me to the room he had his body in. I look up at marcell to see if i could read him. and there was nothing.

My heart dropped even further in my stomach I feel like I was loosing him as all. This will be a shitty night.

When I walked in his lifeless body laying in bed. The lights was dim. I breathe in deep to hold my tears because i knew he didn't deserve it. Old me would've been glad he ended up like this. But now, all I see is the hurt and pain he cause me this past almost year. His hand felt cool to the touch as i held it one last time. All i could see was him blaming me last time he was here.