23

Kaysia

and just like that my mood was ruined. I cleared my throat , then turned to see Kaz standing there. He looked rough. His face held tiredness behind his eyes. He was now skinny. I could tell he was on drugs still . " May I help you? "

" You sure the fuck can , how come im finding out through one of my corner boys ladies they fuckin that you got my fucking name in the papers for the divorce " He bird chest heaved up and down.

" I don't have time for this , see you way out please. " I walked passed him. He grabbed my arm tight causing me to wince out in pain. He then drug me back in front of him.

" I ain done yet P "

I scoffed " Nigga please , you lost all rights to call me that. and yes I put yo silly ass in the papers. You caught it just time. You got 5 days until its automatically granted to me. "

" I said we aint divorcing though "

" Listen Kaz, I held you down. I married you , risked my life for you only for yo ass to come home to hit me, abuse me, step out on me, have a kid on me. You gave this relationship up not me. '

" We said fo better or worse though P , don't leave me outchea like this "

" In a funky-ass prison! When you got out you supposed to make shit happen for us, plan our wedding, work your way back into the game. That I worked hard to keep afloat for you! nigga not a dime of that shit went in my pocket. I handed that shit straight to you and from what it looks like to me yo ass blew it. I did all I said I was go do. Hell, you better be grateful I handed Khali to your ass cause I could've hopped on his dick and made him mines, then shitted on yo ass. but no. I changed for the better and ill be damned if you bring me down. Im happy now. So just sign the shit. "

" No " he said challenging me.

I shook my head and walked past his pathetic ass. This time he didn't reach out to grab me. I was grateful for that. I don't see how I put up with his ass for this long the way I did. He was now a memory that I really wanted to forget. A part of me glad I didn't bring a child in the world with his ass. Ill be miserable.

through these last 9 months everything that made me happy got taken away from me but I bounced back with way more. Never thought it would've been this way. Only thing that was left to get rid of was this phony ass marriage license.

The next morning

The sound of glass bursting around my room cause me to jump up out my sleep screaming in the process. Quickly coming to, I wrapped the sheets around my naked body then rolled off my bed. My body hit the ground with a hard thump but that was the least of my worries as shots fired rapidly into my home. My mind flashed back to the hardcore training I had to do with vice except for this time this shit was real. I military crawled around the room leaving the sheets where I fell at looking back I could see my phone lock screen glare. "shit!" I needed that to call for help but Im not to lose my life going back for it. My nipples scraped against the carpet as I moved as quickly as I could to my door. I laid there for a second as the shots died down. When I felt it was clear I twisted my doorknob with shaky hands then dropped back down into crawling position.

It felt like forever when I made it to the Livingroom. My body ached and bruised from the shards of glass that were on my wooden floors. From the outside looking in I had huge windows here as well but now they were gone. I pulled my body against the side of the chair out of view from whoever was out there. I could hear footsteps walking up the porch. The glass crunched beneath their shoes giving them away."You think we got that bitch?" I heard one man say.

" Shit I don't know but he said this where she lives at. The house made most of glass so she should've got hit by atleast one of them thangs " the other guy said.

Think Kaysia Think.

I remembered when I got this house vice told me it had hidden compartments in the floor. He said that they were under the rug.

From where I was sitting I was right next to it but I would be seen if I was to move at this second. I need a diversion.

The guys hadn't moved from by the chair. Stupid asses were standing there having a conversation. So now the only thing I need to do is get them out of here for a minute so I can grab the gun. I looked around searching, and saw nothing. I took a second to pray to god for something.

Not a moment later my phone rung from in my room.

" Yo you hear that?" One said.

" Hell yeah , lets go check that out " I could hear them talking as the left me in there. I quickly scooted my bare ass to the carpet rolling it until I saw the square hole in the floor. I opened it with shaky hands then pulled out a Smith & Wesson M&P 40c. Knowing vice this shit was already loaded so I cocked it so it would be ready. I reach back down again pulling out extra bullets just in case. I could hear them coming back in so I moved to the opposite side of the chair out of view.

" Wait hold on dawg, Some in here different fam. "

" Whatchu mean ?"

" Ion kno nigga but - aye look that's it " I could hear them moving towards the carpet. I peeked around seeing them walking around it. It was now my chance I stood up and shot one of the guys in the back of the head causing him to fall face forward. The other guy spun around but before he knew it I shot again catching him right between the eyes. when he dropped to the ground.. I darted toward the room to see if my phone was still there. Luckily it was. Im guessing whoever called hung up before they got to it. Who ever it was I owe them big. They saved my life.

I grabbed it then ran to my bathroom locking the door behind me. I hit Vice speed dial them finally let out a breath as the phone rung. When he picked up I rushed out what was happening. I could feel my anxiety taking over me as I recalled the situation. He didn't even ask me to repeat myself . I knew he couldn't understand shit I was saying, hell I don't even know. But he said he was on his way and that's all that matters. I slid down the wall to the floor holding my knees up to my chest praying he would get here quick. Is Kaz really trying to kill me?