13

Kaysia

My throat burned as I tried to breath. My head was pounding the headache was coming faster than normal. I just knew I was going to be bruised. I slid down in my shower and cried. Like always. I feel so stupid. Why do I keep putting myself through this? I know he changed. I know this and still try to remain by my side. The soap burned the little cuts on my neck as I bathed. This was it. I was done. I cant take anymore. I finished showering then got out , dried off , then got dressed. Not long after I heard the door slam. My body jumped out of fear. I let out a breath of relief but soon replaced it with dread. That nigga don't have a car in L.A yet. I walked as fast I could to the window that gave the view of our driveway. and sure enough that nigga was backing out in my car. I want him out. but since he didn't come pack his shit. Ill leave. Move to Miami for good. Then expand my business out there.

I quickly pulled out my suitcases and packed my most valuables. My head throbbed with pain as I tried to focus on the task at hand. Once finished I had 3 suitcases. I doubled check my wallet to make sure all my credit and debit cards were in place. I pulled out my phone and called Valerie. She picked up on the first ring then said she was on the way. While I waited I paced back and forth in my room. About 15 minutes later she sunt a text letting me know she was outside. I rushed and grabbed everything. Tripping on the steps occasionally.

She got out and help me put everything in the trunk. Val gave me a worried look as I struggled to put my seatbelt on. She then put the car in drive & drove off. " You okay?" she asked. I broke down. Told her everything. About me being married. Me taking over the cartel in Miami. To him coming home doing the stupid shit he been doing lately. The drugs, abuse , and im guessing cheating because that what my heart tells me.

She listened to me rant , cry and get angry all over.

" Im so sorry youre going through that. Why didn't you tell me? I thought we was friends first?"

" I didn't want to burden you with my troubles. You work to hard to listen to my problems. & you are my friend. " I wiped my tears away. A pang of regret tugged at my heart cause I knew I could've trusted her. " Anyways since we here. How do you feel about taking over the property here in L.A models included.? I want to expand to Miami. Open a new building with fresh faces. " I explained. She sat and thought for a minute.

" First off take some time to yourself. You have been working way too hard. Dealing with this ungrateful man and his bullshit. Im not saying this as your business partner Kaysia. Yes , ill take over here. You can expand. We can come together on some new lines. but for now find yourself kaysia. " she said to me. I felt so grateful for her. I gave her the address to where Kema them was stayin so I could fly with them tomorrow. She offered up her spare room. I told her ill be okay.

When she dropped me off I went to the desk to get a room for the night. Once my key was in my hand I shot a text to kema asking her to meet me. I couldn't go over there looking like this. Feeling low. I scanned the key then went inside lining my suitcases up by the chair. Right before I sat down a knock came from the door. I peeped through the hole to see kema. I opened the door waiting for her to come in. Her smile dropped as soon as she seen my state. " What happened ! " she asked getting angry.

We walked over to the chair , sat down and I began talking. Her light skin turned red as I told her what happened today. She took a deep breath and said " are you okay? " I rubbed my arms and leaned back on the soft sofa. I mumbled yeah. " Are you leaving him for good?"

I shook my head no " I have so many questions - "

" Fuck them questions kaysia ! " she yelled sitting up " You need to be worried about your health, your safety! Listen im glad you okay. but you need to leave this nigga alone. Im looking out for you right now cause you aint looking out for ya self. You know you better than this. You not built to let this nigga do whatever the fuck he wants to you."

" This is my marriage, I signed up for better or worse. Ill be okay. I just have to get him some help. " I rambled on.

" you hearing ya self right now Kay? you know what? Don't worry about it " she said walking off. I heard the door close behind her. I was exhausted.

A banging came from the door causing me to jump up. My head started hurting immediately, I dragged myself off the couch and went to the door. I opened it " V-vice ?"

" Get your shit , you coming with me" he said moving pass me to grab my luggage. I could see the veins on his forhead as he instructed his guys to take my things down.

" Wait , whats going on?" I asked rubbing the sleep out of my eye.

" That nigga hit you, and you didn't say anything Kaysia! You are coming with me right now. Ill deal with his ass but for now getting you to safety is my top priority. " He walked away leaving me standing there watching my stuff being grabbed. I didn't even bother fighting to stay. He wasn't hearing it. and I didn't feel like it. So I guess this is goodbye L.A