19

Kaysia

A couple of days later

" Melly you crazy " I pushed marcell , jokingly away from me. Like I said me and marcell been kicking it really heavy. He was the sweetest guy. He had this vibe about him. Even though he comes from the game. He tries to stay away from it at least for now. His dad was going to have to pass it down to someone years down the line. As of right now he was living life. In Miami for good. His dentist's office will be open soon people were already signing up to be patients.

" Oh so we got nicknames now? " We walked down the busy street. Looking at the city lights , just enjoying the night honestly.

" Yeah, im not like everyone else so a name had to be given. So tell me about your past? " I was open to knowing all of him. The good the bad & the ugly. But will he be open to knowing mine? I haven't told him anything as far as my stripper life. It was selfish of me I know.

" You know everything about me, When you go tell me about you? " He asked. I bit my lips asking myself should I really tell him. Should I lie?

I cleared my throat. " I want to tell you so bad, im just afraid you wont look at me the same. I wasn't the person I am now. You got to see the grown-up me. The educated me. The me who knows what she wants in life. But trust me. The old version of who I was would run you away "

He motioned for me to sit on a bench we were coming up too. I sat down while he sat next to me. "Listen Kaysia , who you were back then wouldn't affect what we have going on now. I can tell you had a past. but right now in front of me I see the growth of a beautiful woman. " I looked down at my lap blushing. His words caught me off guard.

He held my chin turning my head so I could look at his eyes and see nothing but the truth in them. He meant what he said. " Im not going to rush you to tell me if you aren't ready. Just know I accept you for you. " He finished.

" No, You deserve to know. " I took a deep breath, then let it all out from being a stripper to sleeping with random men. Not for money , just because I wanted to. How Kaz came in the picture. Our relationship. The good , the bad , and the ugly about it. I owned up to my mistakes. The point when I realized I wanted more than the fast life. Kaz and I fell apart. So I went to school , came back to LA to work legit. Had a great job , someone who I thought was my friend fucked me over. Then the final little bit of me and Kaz getting back together working through our problems until he got locked up.

It felt like it took me hours to explain but he listened. No interruptions , just really focusing on me and my feelings about things. When I was finished we sat quietly watching the few people that were still out pass by laughing enjoying the night. " damn " he said looking out to the distance. My heart beat hard in my chest.

" It doesn't change how I feel about you Kaysia. You lived life the way you wanted. but you bettered yourself. and im proud of you " He took my hand then held it in his.

We sat there talking all night. I answered all the questions he had because like I said I wanted to take it to the next step with him. Im praying he felt the same way. I don't want to rush things but we had a understanding with each other. Its time for me to be selfish. Marcell and I decided to continue our friendship the way it was now. He admitted feelings are there, so did I. Long as I had him in my corner in some way still I was good.

( AN: im having major writers block right here lmao )

The morning after, I had woken up to a text from vice saying he had some news for me. So I got out of bed to shower , then get dressed for the day. My house was quiet something it took me a long time to get used to. Sometimes I think back to where me and my marriage went wrong. I haven't gone back to my old , selfish ways that I had. Kaz however, took a major turn for the worst. Apart of me want to help him get through it. To get my help. Yet, I get angry at myself for being so willing to help him knowing I risked my life, & image for his sake. The money I made from it. I didn't keep it. I just did the shit out of the kindness of my heart. and I hate that I feel a ounce of guilt from turning my back on him.

I drugged myself out of my car up to Vice front door. My mood wasn't all that great today. I was just mentally confused about what I want to do next. My business is great, my social life is decent so why do I feel so shitty. I walked inside then made my way around the house to Vice office. I knocked twice then walked inside. Vice was at his desk and a few of his guys were standing around. " you wanted to talk to me? " I said wiping my hands down my jeans. Wondering what could be the news. He looked up at me then asked his guys to leave us. Once the room was empty he stood up then said "We have kali."